Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Highmaul Strategy Notepod

Quote Originally Posted by Aelloon View Post
    Forgive me if I missed it, but would we also want some one thinning out the smalls adds that spawn in the trasition? On heroic we did it, because out AoE was so high that we murdered our selves. Do we think Deaf and Doug can cover it with the better gear?
    The mythic strats I've seen is to hold off on that and just blow them all up at once while simultaneously using ALL of your raid CDs. The problem with that is while the timing of that might have worked in 680 gear, who knows if it will in 695+. If we push a second transition phase sooner than 3 minutes and we are relying on that as our strat, we could have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Boggyb View Post
    The mythic strats I've seen is to hold off on that and just blow them all up at once while simultaneously using ALL of your raid CDs. The problem with that is while the timing of that might have worked in 680 gear, who knows if it will in 695+. If we push a second transition phase sooner than 3 minutes and we are relying on that as our strat, we could have a problem.
    for the second transition if we hit that problem should we have a good dps with natural cleave(fire mage, demo lock, etc.) just sit and cleave off the reaver and therefor kill the little adds a bit more gradually?

Quote Originally Posted by crim View Post
    for the second transition if we hit that problem should we have a good dps with natural cleave(fire mage, demo lock, etc.) just sit and cleave off the reaver and therefor kill the little adds a bit more gradually?
    IMO just find out if it's a problem first. Maybe the timing isn't that tight, maybe it's better to just wait pushing into the next add phase, let's see what it looks like.

The main concern when it was relevant was healer mana. It was a long fight with a boatload of raid damage. If, however, Ko'ragh is any indicator, that shouldn't be a problem as the fight will be significantly shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Klik View Post
    Why is chaos wave linked to your sentence? I know it's strong, but you don't need to use it everywhere.
    The salt. It's so salty. Salt everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Boggyb View Post
    The main concern when it was relevant was healer mana. It was a long fight with a boatload of raid damage. If, however, Ko'ragh is any indicator, that shouldn't be a problem as the fight will be significantly shorter.
    Also we have quite a bit of gear that allows us to not worry about mana as much (especially in my case)

Shocks, Stocks, and Socks
    Blog Entries

I know on other difficulties, you can just outrun the fixate so you don't take any damage from it. If the healing is too intense, should we see if we can do that on Mythic?