Thread: kEPGP Beta Release (for Loot Managers Only)

Default kEPGP Beta Release (for Loot Managers Only)

Beta release of the kEPGP addon is now available for download: https://github.com/GabeStah/kEPGP/releases
    kEPGP requires the kLib library: https://github.com/GabeStah/kLib/releases

This addon is only meant for Loot Managers such as Tree, myself, or whomever else might become that role in the future.

Basic Functionality

/kepgp (or /kep for short) will display the slash commands.

/kep config opens the configuration where Effort Points contains a few basic settings. Most of them should default to our standard settings, but one setting worth noting is Punctual Cutoff Seconds which by default gives players a 15 second window after the start of a raid to be online to receive the Punctual EP bonus. We can change this as needed of course, but the idea is to catch everyone that is online at the start of the raid more or less.

/kep raid start is the primary command and performs the following basic tasks:

If no Raid is active:

1. A Raid record is created and sets the Raid Start Time to the current timestamp.
    2. Scans all online characters and matches them up to all Primary characters in the EPGP system.
    3. All characters that are online on either their Primary character or an associated Alternate character are awarded both Online EP and Punctual EP.
    4. Appropriate values are updated in the Officer Note for the Primary character is question.

If an existing Raid is already active:

1. A prompt will ask the user if he or she wishes to Resume the current Raid or created a New Raid.
    2. Resume does nothing and the currently active Raid remains active.
    3. New Raid deactivates the currently active Raid and then performs all the basic functions as listed above for creating a brand new Raid.

/kep raid stop will set the currently active Raid to inactive. This prevents any future events from updating the Raid and therefore EPGP values.

/kep raid revert will revert all EP changes made during the currently active Raid (essentially subtracting all assigned EP bonuses). This provides some peace of mind in case a raid start is performed accidentally.

While a Raid is active:

1. Any Guild Member that logs in during the Tardiness Cutoff Period (60 minutes from the start of the Raid) will be automatically tracked.
    2. If appropriate and the Guild Member has not been online yet during the Raid, kEPGP will automatically award the correct Online EP bonus to the individual based on the percent of the Tardiness Cutoff Period he or she missed.
    3. Future logins/logouts during the same Raid will not alter data for any given individual.

Typical Use

For the most part, usage should consist of two actions for an entire raid night:

1. At the start of raid time (6:30 or whatever it may be), issue the /kep raid start command.
    2. At the end of the raid (or anytime after the Tardiness Cutoff Period), issue a /kep raid stop command.

Technically, using /kep raid stop isn't even necessary as the next time a raid is started, the user can simply select the New Raid option.

Outside of any bugs, the functionality should be sufficient to start testing EPGP in raids. Beyond that, I always welcome suggestions or improvements so don't be shy!

Latest release beta-0.3.645:

• Added confirmation message for /kep raid stop command.
    • Added Output message options in /kep config.
    • Consolidated Output message formatting to reduce total chat lines of output (players with same rewards will be added to single message line).
    • Added initial support for Item/GP award functionality. Requires testing from raid environment (due to EPGPLootMaster's inability to "test" rewards that aren't physically looted).

New release beta-0.3.652:

• Fixed output message formatting issue (commas added).
    • Fixed incorrect attribution for EP rewards in output message.

New release beta-0.3.673:

• In an attempt to reduce the likelihood of script ran too long errors when processing the entire roster for potential EP assignments, I dramatically changed the update event. Instead of processing anytime a GuildRosterUpdate event occurs, processing now occurs every 30 seconds while a raid is active.

Tree: Please advise of course if you still experience errors after this update, as unfortunately testing this is very difficult since I can't login multiple accounts to the guild.

Kull, if you ever need help testing crap, I'm sure Tree and I can pop in whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by Deph View Post
    Kull, if you ever need help testing crap, I'm sure Tree and I can pop in whenever.
    I'll certainly keep that in mind, gracias!

New release beta-0.3.676

• In a further attempt to eliminate "script ran too long" errors, I've elected to dramatically cut down on the roster members that are scanned for potential EP credit, such that only primary characters are analyzed at present.

RAIDERS TAKE NOTE:

If this change resolves the issues that the EPGP addon and our own plugin have when working together, then this means that until further notice, all Raiders would be required to login to their Main Character at least once at the start of every raid in order to receive EP credit. Feedback is welcome if anyone foresees this being an issue, but I wanted to make it clear what this change would mean going forward.

New release beta-0.3.712

• Added EP/GP reset capability based on guild rank and/or Public Note. EPGP roster members that match these filters will have EPGP values reset upon raid creation, with random offset seeding of +1 EP to break ties.