Thread: kAuction Loot Council Setting

Default kAuction Loot Council Setting

Hello there!

This is Steenkiee from Apex Saga. We switched to 25man for SOO and our loot system needed some help. Your kAuction was a perfect match for how we already did officer loot manually; just a little more streamlined. I am having an issue where periodically my loot council reverts back to your members. It does not delete my members, it just re-adds your members to my loot council! It appears random, and I don't think it is going to prevent the add-on from serving us well. I tried several searches before registering and posting. If there is a previous post answering this please forgive me and point me in the right direction. The community appreciates everything you've done for raiding.

Thanks
    Steenkiee

P.S. You might remember an amazing warlock back during AQ days who did a short stint with your crew!!!!! It was a pleasant surprise to return to Hyjal to find Vox had not only risen to a top contender, but also was cranking out quality videos! I always said you guys would do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Steenkiee View Post
    Hello there!

This is Steenkiee from Apex Saga. We switched to 25man for SOO and our loot system needed some help. Your kAuction was a perfect match for how we already did officer loot manually; just a little more streamlined. I am having an issue where periodically my loot council reverts back to your members. It does not delete my members, it just re-adds your members to my loot council! It appears random, and I don't think it is going to prevent the add-on from serving us well. I tried several searches before registering and posting. If there is a previous post answering this please forgive me and point me in the right direction. The community appreciates everything you've done for raiding.

Thanks
    Steenkiee

P.S. You might remember an amazing warlock back during AQ days who did a short stint with your crew!!!!! It was a pleasant surprise to return to Hyjal to find Vox had not only risen to a top contender, but also was cranking out quality videos! I always said you guys would do it!
    Thanks so much for the kind words Steenkie; appreciate it!

As for your issue, that *sounds* like some sort of bug in kAuction with the way it removes item from lists. That said, there should be a solution if you don't mind getting your hands a bit dirty. The answer basically involves "resetting" your saved data for council members then altering the "default" options with your own council roster:

1. With WoW closed throughout this process, first, open the kAuction.lua file in your SavedVariables (WoW\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables\kAucti on.lua)
    2. Like all Lua tables, this file is in a structured hierarchical format, with each "section heading" using a text string and the subsection under it intended with a tab and contained in curly brackets.
    3. Find the following section: kAuctionDB > profiles > CHARACTERNAME - SERVERNAME > looting > councilMembers
    4. This section should be a list of players that looks something like this (perhaps with more from your own council):

Code:
    ["councilMembers"] = {
        "Dougallxin", -- [1]
        "Harkle", -- [2]
        nil, -- [3]
        "Kilwenn", -- [4]
        "Kulldar", -- [5]
        "Kulldon", -- [6]
        "Takaoni", -- [7]
        "Tree", -- [8]
    },

5. Next, delete the data in this table by removing everything listed between the curly brackets, like so:

Code:
    ["councilMembers"] = {
    },

6. Save this file and close it and we're onto the next part, where we're going to alter the default options within the addon code.
    7. Open the kAuction Options Core.lua file in your AddOns directory (WoW\Interface\AddOns\kAuction\Options\Core.lua)
    8. Here you're going to alter the kAuction.defaults section for loot council members, so scroll down to around line 187 or so and somewhere within the "looting" table you'll find a similar section as before called "councilMembers" that will look like this:

Code:
    councilMembers = {
        "Kulldon",
        "Kulldar",
        "Kainhighwind",
        "Dougallxin",
        "Takaoni",
        "Tree",
    },

9. In this file, instead of destroying the same records of council members as before, you'll want to alter it to match the members within your own council roster, with each member in quotes and with a comma delimiter, just as shown with the Vox members there:

Code:
    councilMembers = {
        "Bob",
        "Jane",
        "Dan",
        "Rich",
    },

10. Once you've altered this default councilMembers table to match your own members, save this file and you're done! Next time you launch WoW kAuction will notice that it has no council members populated in the settings (since we destroyed that SavedVariables table) and will update the list using the data found in the default options table, which now contains your own members.
    11. In the future, as you add and remove members from your council ranks, you'll find it easiest to open the kAuction Options Core.lua file in your AddOns directory (WoW\Interface\AddOns\kAuction\Options\Core.lua) and update the councilMembers table accordingly.

I know this is a pain to do and I apologize for the hassle, but the fact of the matter is kAuction was first written by me over 5 years ago now when I was first learning Lua, so it's pretty much disastrous. It gets the job done for the most part but I decided a while ago that trying to fix minor bugs that aren't totally game breaking was far too much effort, especially in a code base that was so terribly written.

Either way, I hope this works for you, but if you have any trouble please let me know and we'll figure it out!