Thread: GridStatusHotter -- Way hotter than GridStatusHots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default GridStatusHotter -- Way hotter than GridStatusHots!

Out of spite (mostly) and because I forgot to backup my own recent changes to my copy of GridStatusHots, I decided to create an alternative to the GridStatusHots module that would prove much cleaner in terms of code, and thus the initial release of GridStatusHotter is born (thanks Harkle for the name suggestion)!

https://github.com/GabeStah/GridStat...eleases/latest

If you use GridStatusHots and have no issues, this won't be much of an upgrade or difference. The functionality from the user-perspective is much the same, but the entire code base was rewritten to be more efficient and most importantly to me, allows for much simpler new Aura additions in the future.

Adding new Auras simply requires a new entry into the TRACKED_SPELLS table near the top of the GridStatusHotter.lua file. For example:

Code:
        [116849] = {
            class = 'MONK',    
            defaultOptions = {
                threshold2 = 8,
                threshold3 = 4,
            },
            name = L['Life Cocoon'],
        },
        [119611] = {
            class = 'MONK',
            stacksAura = 119607,
            defaultOptions = {
                stacks = true,
            },        
            name = L['Renewing Mist'],
        },
    This shows two entries in the table, starting with the table key as the Spell ID of the aura in question, which is Life Cocoon in this case. The table has a few important fields like the class (to determine which Auras will load for your character) and the name. There is also an (optional) sub-table called defaultOptions that allows you to override any of the DEFAULT_STATUS_OPTIONS (found below the TRACKED_SPELLS table) that would normally be applied to this GridStatus, and instead set any of the options to your own defaults. Thus in this example, by default Life Cocoon has a few different time remaining thresholds specified for when to change colors. Renewing Mist uses the default threshold settings, but instead enables the stacks option, which indicates the Status should display the number of stacks the aura has, if applicable.

There's also another optional field in the Renewing Mist settings that is outside of the defaultOptions sub-table, meaning it isn't a UI-configurable option, called stacksAura. This indicates that this Status (Renewing Mist) will use the stack-count of a different aura in the display. In this case for my own usage, I want Renewing Mist to display the stack of its secondary effect, which shows how many "jumps" the Renewing Mist has left to make on any given target.

Anyway, as mentioned I'd encourage GridStatusHot users to try this new module out instead as I think it is already superior (and should prove much easier to manage/upgrade in the future as well). If you notice an Aura you would like tracked by default that isn't in the list (since I mostly just copied the old list for classes I don't play), please let me know here and I'll add them in.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 12-05-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Friggin' sweet, I'll definitely try this out. Quick question before upgrading through. Pardon my ignorance, because I have no idea how Grid modules interact or mesh with each other, if at all.

I use GridIndicatorCornerText (discontinued ages ago) in conjunction with GSH. This allows me to use a colored threshold text display (as seen here, turn volume down before clicking) instead of the plain boxes GHS shows by default. Will your rewrite have any effects on GICT's functionality? I feel retarded for asking, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree View Post
    Friggin' sweet, I'll definitely try this out. Quick question before upgrading through. Pardon my ignorance, because I have no idea how Grid modules interact or mesh with each other, if at all.

I use GridIndicatorCornerText (discontinued ages ago) in conjunction with GSH. This allows me to use a colored threshold text display (as seen here, turn volume down before clicking) instead of the plain boxes GHS shows by default. Will your rewrite have any effects on GICT's functionality? I feel retarded for asking, lol.
    It'll work just fine with GICT out of the box, so you should be golden!

Kull, if you just made a good Renewing Mists tracker for Grid you're going to be many a mistweaver monk's lord and savior.

I'm not really sure how this addon "broke", but it seems the issues it began developing primarily in HoF and ToES have carried over into the world in 5.2. I've been noticing very substantial memory leaks when Grid isn't even "on", just standing around in the city; it eats up a ton of memory then dumps it all only to start all over again. I also ran ToT LFR last night and 'hotter dropped my FPS down to 5 and bogged down my system (was not healing at the time), as soon as I disabled it the issues went away entirely.
    twitch.tv/holytreebus

Reporting in to annoy you with more issues! I'm sorry D:

Restoration Shaman
    I experienced what appeared to be a bug in LFR with Riptide. Only one Earth Shield can be active on a target at any time, but whenever another shaman replaced my own Earth Shield with theirs (causing the timer to prematurely expire), my Riptide indicator vanished from that same target for a random amount of time (even though Riptide was active). It eventually became visible again, but I was unable to figure out what caused it to return.

Disc Priest
    For some reason, the Grace, PoM and Weakened Soul indicators are not working at all. Renew works like a charm though.
    twitch.tv/holytreebus