Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Soul Notepod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dragon Soul Notepod

Read this if you wish, these are just my own notes and something with which to start this thread. ><

Morchok
    SETUP
    2 tank, 2 heal
    Clear enough trash around boss to allow free movement within 50 yards to one side. Place raid marker direct center on boss location, and another couple near each other about 35 yards away.
    TANKS
    2-tanks; crush armor stacks (reduce armor 10%); tank up to 3-stacks, other tank taunts
    HEALER/DPS
    Stack behind boss, max melee range
    RESONATING CRYSTAL
    3 people team move out and stack on crystal. After 12 sec, explodes doing more damage to closest 3 people the further away from crystal.
    STOMP
    every 12-14 sec, does 750k split among all players in 25 yards, double damage to two closest players (SHOULD BE TANKS)
    BLACK BLOOD OF THE EARTH
    stuns and does 25% of total health in damage while casting, then creates black pools on the ground. Raid runs out toward outside raid markers together and hides behind nearest rocks to line of sight blood. WAIT for next Stomp after ooze to move back in and reposition boss on marker.

Warlord Zon'ozz
    SETUP
    1 tank, 2-3 heal
    FOCUSED ANGER
    Increases his damage and attack speed over the course of the fight.
    PSYCHIC DRAIN
    Frontal cone attack dealing heavy shadow damage and leeching life back for 10 times the amount. Must not hit more than the tank.
    DISRUPTING SHADOWS
    Random player target takes damage over time and extra damage and is knocked in the air when this is dispelled.
    VOID DIFFUSION/VOID ORB
    Orb will spawn and deal 180k damage, split among all players that it touches in melee. Once it hits a player, it will bounce in the opposite direction and increase damage dealt by the AE by 20% for each subsequent bounce. Of Void Orb hits the wall of the room, does 120k damage to raid and knocks us in the air. If Void Orb hits BOSS, increases damage he takes by 5% per stack/bounce count of Void Orb that he absorbed. This effect stacks for subsequent orbs and lasts duration of fight. Also resets FOCUSED ANGER stacks on BOSS and causes BLACK BLOOD OF GO'RATH to take over room, dealing 17k DPS to everyone for 30 seconds.
    TANKS
    Face boss toward ranged group to begin until first Void Orb is cast, then face him away at all times to avoid psychic drain hitting multiple players. Move the boss from side to side slightly as needed to allow melee DPS to continue attacking while they absorb Void Orb. Once needed, move BOSS into path of incoming Void Orb to have BOSS absorb it.
    RANGED DPS/HEALERS
    Stand at max range stacked up so the first VOID ORB can be easily hit. Stick together, moving side to side as needed to absorb incoming VOID ORB. If afflicted with DISRUPTING SHADOWS, move out of raid/VOID ORB path until dispelled and fully healed again.
    MELEE
    Stack behind boss at max melee, keeping yourself between boss and incoming Void Orb at all times. Stick together, moving side to side as needed to absorb incoming VOID ORB. If afflicted with DISRUPTING SHADOWS, move out of raid/VOID ORB path until dispelled and fully healed again.
    STRAT
    Bounce first VOID ORB between ranged group and melee group 7+ times until damage is too high, then do two more bounces using solo players with cooldowns (Dougall Dispersion > Bauser AMS > Kilwenn Ice Block) then have BOSS absorb. Repeat with new orb bounces, but keep bounce count lower (5-6). Burn Lust and DPS cooldowns once his stack count is high enough. Use raid cooldowns for post-absorb AE phase.

Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

YELLOW Globule - Yor'sahj's Void Bolt now hits all nearby targets for 59000 Shadow damage in addition to the primary target component. Yor'sahj uses his abilities twice as often, and his attack speed increases by 50%.
    BLUE Globule - Mana Void - A Mana Void leeches all the mana from every ranged spell caster and healer, storing the mana within itself. Destroying the Mana Void evenly returns the total of the leeched mana via Mana Diffusion to players within 30 yards.
    RED Globule - Searing Blood - Yor'sahj sears the blood of three random players, inflicting a base of 73000 Fire damage. The further the target stands from Yor'sahj, the greater shock received from the blast. In 25 player raids, Yor'sahj sears the blood of eight random players.
    BLACK Globule - Forgotten One - The Forgotten One emits a wave of psychic force at its current target, inflicting 57200 Shadow damage.
    GREEN Globule - Digestive Acid periodically secretes from the stomach lining, inflicting 69000 Nature damage to a player and nearby allies within 4 yards.
    PURPLE Globule - Deep Corruption spreads to every player, causing every fifth healing or absorption effect cast on a player to trigger a violent detonation, inflicting 97000 Shadow damage to all players.

SETUP
    1 tank, 2-3 heals
    GLOBULE KILL PRIORITY
    PURPLE > GREEN > BLACK > YELLOW > RED > BLUE

Ultraxion
    SETUP
    2 tank, 2-3 heals
    HEROIC WILL
    New ability everyone in raid gets that will take you out of Twilight Realm for 5 sec.
    HOUR OF TWILIGHT
    Every 45 sec, tries to kill everyone in Twilight Realm. Use Heroic Will to exit Twilight Realm and avoid damage. One player must soak each Hour of Twilight, so rotation assignments will be made.
    FADING LIGHT
    This is why two tanks are required -- fades a player out after a short period, causing them to die if they are in Twilight Realm. Should Heroic Will when close to ending duration to be in Normal Realm when this expires, allowing player to survive but dropping all threat for 5 seconds.
    GIFT OF LIFE (ALEXSTRASZA)
    100% healing buff (Kain or other)
    ESSENCE OF DREAMS (YSERA)
    Duplicates all healing and splits it evenly among all players (Kull or other)
    SOURCE OF MAGIC (KALECGOS)
    Spells cost 25% normal mana and spell haste is 100% higher (Kilwenn or other DPS usable?)
    TIMELOOP
    Everyone in the raid gets an “extra life” -- death will consume this one-time buff and heal the player back to full. This will be utilized for the achievement that requires a player never eat more than one HOUR OF TWILIGHT.

Hagara
    SETUP
    1 tank, 2 heals
    ICE LANCE
    Keep assigned non-melee in beams to soak stacks and avoid DPS loss.
    FOCUSED ASSAULT
    Tank use a cooldown.
    FROZEN TEMPEST MODE
    Raid splits evenly to two groups and runs to opposite edges of platform (raid marked). Immediately DPS nearby crystal that spawn but watch near Hagara for Ice Wave as it moves outward. Follow the closest one GOING CLOCKWISE and dodge the falling ice.
    LIGHTNING MODE
    Tank picks up both adds and tanks then on top of an inner Crystal Conductor. Once one dies. tank moves to opposite/mirror crystal conductor for other death. Raid forms a chain from first conductor with other players, about 10-15 yards between each, toward other still active crystals until they are decharged.

Warmaster Blackhorn
    SETUP
    2 tanks, 2 heals
    TWILIGHT BARRAGE
    Minor damage to the ship in a small shadow radius. Ignore these.
    TWILIGHT ONSLAUGHT
    Huge damage to ship in a large shadow radius. All raid members except current tank should step on these (use raid cooldowns to absorb in rotation: AM > DG > HP Shout/Tranq)
    TWILIGHT SAPPER
    Highest priority DPS target; must be killed before it reaches the platform and explodes.
    TWILIGHT ASSAULT DRAKE
    DPS should kill these anytime a Sapper is not alive and the drake has been pulled down near the deck.
    PHASE 2
    Start at one end of the ship with ranged/healers in one back corner and tank/melee in the opposite. Move toward opposite edge as needed from Twilight Flames patches.
    SHOCKWAVE
    Cone attack, so keeping stacked with your group is important to allow movement out of this to be simple.

Initial Dragon Soul WeakAuras imports (make sure WeakAuras is up-to-date):

http://pastebin.com/zWF2tL0j

VOTE ME RAID LEADER 2012! Takaoni's Avatar

I think I prefer these threads as notepods.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Now_this_is_podracing.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	408

Ultraxion- Timeloop will be placed on every player after the forth and fifth Hour of Twilight explosions.
    Yor'sahj- Consider a different ooze order depending on the combinations out, perhaps Yellow > Black if Red/Black/Yellow.

You're the best kull

Madness of Deathwing

Quick note, but just noticed this in the journal and checked logs to confirm: Blistering Tentacles are immune to AoE damage (log proof). Thus a ton of our attempted damage we were dealing to them was actually doing nothing. Next time we should be able to kill them quite a bit faster by focusing on single-target stuff and getting a couple down right away. ><

My p-dps has lots of room to grow on the tents - I had been using them elsewhere like the corrupting. In guessing others are in a similar place.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Takaoni View Post
    My p-dps has lots of room to grow on the tents - I had been using them elsewhere like the corrupting. In guessing others are in a similar place.

Cool beans! We should probably try 3-healing then as if we can meet the DPS requirements, no reason not to stabilize things if possible (ala Morchok).

Quote Originally Posted by Takaoni View Post

I'm somewhat in the same boat as Taka, I have been trying to max my dps on the tents but still am not getting very high numbers...
    Ansum -- Enhancement/Resto Shaman
    Arthni -- Ret/Tank Paladin

Challenge accepted!