Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrormn View Post
    Hey, this is the author of WeakAuras. It's great to see my addon being used with such depth and flexibility! I just wanted to add that if you ever need help with anything or have any questions, feel free to post on the WeakAuras' official forum at http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakauras/forum/ , which I check fairly regularly.
    Honor to have you stop by and post. Thanks for writing such a wonderful addon!

Hi, would it be possible to setup weakauras to entirely replace the standard debuff/buff frames?. And also wondering if it would be possible to track available raidcooldowns and there cooldowns. I know there are addons like ora3, and plenty of addons for replacing buff/debuff frames, but less addons = win. cheers.

Long time video watcher, first time poster ^_^
    I just want to say your videos are awesome!!! And I love Kulldam (even more now that he's resto)! I didn't see anything about your resto druid weak auras in this thread so I was just wondering if there was one somewhere here that I missed?

Default Me again, requesting... again =)

Hey, im tryin to solve a tanking issue. Something like http://www.wowace.com/addons/visualheal/ . Basically im after a heal cast timer(s), pref with icon and caster name, targeting me. For accusal cast heals. This gives me a good timeframe of what to expect, combined with the already in place shield and hot trackers. Preserve cooldowns, and really min/maxing performance as a tank. Is this at all possible, and or is it really complex to do with WA?.

/rhozak

Quote Originally Posted by morixi View Post
    Long time video watcher, first time poster ^_^
    I just want to say your videos are awesome!!! And I love Kulldam (even more now that he's resto)! I didn't see anything about your resto druid weak auras in this thread so I was just wondering if there was one somewhere here that I missed?
    Thanks for the kind words =)

For my WeakAuras setup for Resto, I have three groups, which create the following basic setup: http://i.imgur.com/cDBmV.jpg

General Cooldowns

General Cooldowns

The cooldowns are 5 different icons to indicate when important abilities are available/active. You can see four of the five in the screenshot above. Wild Growth and Swiftmend are to the left of where I have Grid setup, and are grayed-out with a countdown if they are unusable, and display full-bright when they are available. Below my character I have Nature's Grace, to show the duration of the buff when it's active, and also Nature's Swiftness, which I have setup to only show when it is unavailable (and include a countdown timer), so I can clearly see when my HT casts are taking off chunks on the cooldown as I like to use the HT glyph. Lastly, to the right of Nature's Swiftness is another icon hidden in the shot that shows how much time left of the 60-sec cooldown remains for Nature's Grace.

Clearcasting/OOC Bar

Clearcasting

Just above my hotkeys (below my grid when it's full in a raid) are two very thin bars, which I've setup to indicate Clearcasting procs and Harmony duration. The screenshot makes the bars appear red with a dark blue/green background, but I've actually set them up to be more intelligent. For Clearcasting (the top of the two bars), for example, the bar appears when I gain Clearcasting, and drains right to left as a light blue bar with a dark blue background. The main bar color then changes from light blue to yellow when 2-4 seconds remain on Clearcasting, and then changes again to red when less than 2 seconds remain. This allows me to quickly see what type of heal spell I can cast to have it complete before the buff runs out, so for example if my OOC bar is blue or just turned yellow, I can get a long-cast off (HT or Nourish), whereas if it's red, I have to use a fast cast or instant (Regrowth or NS>HT). I've found this setup very useful so far and the timespans or bars can be adjusted to a user's preferences, but a simple color-coded system seems to be great for me.

Nature's Grace Cooldown

Nature's Grace

Properly creates the indicator for Nature's Grace availability.

Harmony Bar

Harmony

Same basic setup as the Clearcasting bar above, but this one is green instead of blue to differentiate the two easily.

Hope that helps, any questions let me know.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 02-08-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhozak View Post
    Hey, im tryin to solve a tanking issue. Something like http://www.wowace.com/addons/visualheal/ . Basically im after a heal cast timer(s), pref with icon and caster name, targeting me. For accusal cast heals. This gives me a good timeframe of what to expect, combined with the already in place shield and hot trackers. Preserve cooldowns, and really min/maxing performance as a tank. Is this at all possible, and or is it really complex to do with WA?.

/rhozak
    I must be confused, can you not use VisualHeal to accomplish this task for some reason? If you can, you should do so, as recreating the functionality of an already existing addon seems like a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulldam View Post
    I must be confused, can you not use VisualHeal to accomplish this task for some reason? If you can, you should do so, as recreating the functionality of an already existing addon seems like a waste.
    First off, its not very customizable, one cool thing is it will clump up and give you a visual off current cast heals approximation total. However you dont know when the cast(s) will be done, you dont know which spells are being cast, you don't know how many ppl are casting on you. There are no any approx numbers either, just that visual. Out of these "missing" features, i think the following are most critical in order.

1. when the cast will be done = Cooldown or not?.
    2. how many are currently casting single-target heals on you = with the above information, you know now when the total clumpsum heal will be done. Improved "Cooldown or not".
    3. if your counting on a big heal to land to save you, and the caster cancels it for whatever reason, you should notice it instantly, and pump some cds to compensate, i guess the clump-sum would show that as-well, then you still want to know nbr 1.
    4. What heal is beeing cast may not be that interesting, but you could give a good guess of how much that particular heal will do on its own when it lands.(big, small).

The goal here for me is to maximize tanking to its fullest potential. That means having every bit of vital information available, to keep you up and preserving cool-downs. Basically the idea is to future-proof tanking, if it really gets tough later on, you will be ready for it. Some things remain i guess, calculated current mitigation onscreen phys/magic with or without timer, and such, i havnt gotten to that yet but i will . Hmm what else, DR timer on dodge parry perhaps.

Id probobly use this as dps aswell, cause well sometimes fights are really hard, and you need to do some selfhealing, or need to not do some selfhealing.

Mind posting any new exports for current hard modes?
    I really enjoyed your Omnitron and other T11 exports.

To follow on from Dunkamo's question, I have been trying to make my own Dynamic Group to keep track of Tormented on the entire raid for Baleroc 10HC. What I have are a list of bars that all say Tormented and a timer. Is there any kind of custom script so I can have the bars saying the name of the player and the time left on the debuff?

I suppose I could make a different child group for each player we raid with, but dynamic would be a better way to go and would help others looking for the same thing.

Thanks for the help, and great thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkamo
    Mind posting any new exports for current hard modes?
    I really enjoyed your Omnitron and other T11 exports
    Unfortunately we really don't have the need for many of these things so far, but if you have a need for something in particular it's worth asking about. Otherwise I'll be sure to post any useful boss warnings we end up using.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankle View Post
    To follow on from Dunkamo's question, I have been trying to make my own Dynamic Group to keep track of Tormented on the entire raid for Baleroc 10HC. What I have are a list of bars that all say Tormented and a timer. Is there any kind of custom script so I can have the bars saying the name of the player and the time left on the debuff?

I suppose I could make a different child group for each player we raid with, but dynamic would be a better way to go and would help others looking for the same thing.

Thanks for the help, and great thread.

Tormented Dynamic Group

That should work. For future reference, the best way to track a particular debuff dynamically on multiple people is:
    • Create a Dynamic Group
    • Create a Progress Bar with display look/animation you desire and add it to the Dyn Group.
    • Under Progress Bar > Trigger, select Unit > Group.
    • Now select Name Info > Player(s) Affected.
    • If it's a stacking aura, select Stack Info > Aura Stack.
    • Now, after those are set, check "Show all matches (Auto-clone)".
    • Finally, set the rest of the trigger stuff (debuff/buff name, Aura Type, Stack Count, etc.)
    By using the Group setting you can get that Name Info you want, and by using the Auto-clone feature, you only need to create this first bar, and WA will auto-duplicate it for other bars when necessary.

Hope that helps!