Page 99 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1109

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

  1. #981
    VI Recruit Kytae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA, US
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bew View Post
    So, I've a question/problem, and I can't quite figure it out (still learning lua). Is it possible to have WA look at a base stat value (crit, in this case), and pop an aura up for as long as the stat is over its base (and, preferably, the percentage amount). Things like base value in and out of raid would probably need to be accounted for as well. I thought I saw a streamer with one that did it, but it might have been something else.

    Any help would be very much appreciated.

    Edit: rather than a percentage, a multiplier number would be cleaner I think, e.g., I get a trinket crit proc, and an icon pops up with text that says 1.52x on it.
    I guess the easiest way to do that is to track procs that effectively increase your stats for a given amount of time: trinket procs, weapon enchants, ring proc and bloodlust mostly. It will be easier than finding your base stats which are prone to change if missing a certain buff.

  2. #982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bew View Post
    So, I've a question/problem, and I can't quite figure it out (still learning lua). Is it possible to have WA look at a base stat value (crit, in this case), and pop an aura up for as long as the stat is over its base (and, preferably, the percentage amount). Things like base value in and out of raid would probably need to be accounted for as well. I thought I saw a streamer with one that did it, but it might have been something else.

    Any help would be very much appreciated.

    Edit: rather than a percentage, a multiplier number would be cleaner I think, e.g., I get a trinket crit proc, and an icon pops up with text that says 1.52x on it.
    Use UnitStat to query the base value at some point and store it, then query it during a trigger event a second time and if altered, display your difference text as appropriate.

  3. #983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulldam View Post
    Use UnitStat to query the base value at some point and store it, then query it during a trigger event a second time and if altered, display your difference text as appropriate.
    Well I've figured out how to display it, but I don't know (or am having trouble finding the syntax) for setting it to 1, and then as a multiplier when a proc happens (or other event).
    Last edited by bew; 06-17-2015 at 02:46 PM.

  4. #984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bew View Post
    Well I've figured out how to display it, but I don't know (or am having trouble finding the syntax) for setting it to 1, and then as a multiplier when a proc happens (or other event).
    I don't know what you mean by "setting it to 1."

    It sounds like you're just talking about some very basic math. First to save a local value/variable in a Display, you want to use the aura_env table. Beyond that, your overall goal seems to be to determine the lowest value of that stat at any given time, and with that information, you can then do some basic arithmetic to determine the ratio (or percentage) gained when the stat is increased.

    So to assign your .base_stat value -- as well as update it to ensure it's always tracking the lowest value you acquire in that stat -- do something like so:

    Code:
    -- Retrieve the stat in question
    local stat = UnitStat('player', 1)
    -- Iniialize base stat
    aura_env.base_stat = aura_env.base_stat or stat
    -- Update saved base_stat if current stat is less than saved value
    if stat < aura_env.base_stat then aura_env.base_stat = stat end


    Now when displaying your stat information to figure out the percentage increase, again just grab the current stat and compared it with basic math:

    Code:
    local stat = UnitStat('player', 1)
    -- If base_stat is less than current stat, return percent increase
    if aura_env.base_stat and stat > aura_env.base_stat then
      return stat / aura_env.base_stat
    end


    You may also want to check out a rounding function (like ShortenNumber) since the fraction you'll get back is messy.

  5. #985

    Default

    Hello.
    I'm trying to make a custom weakaura for the Hellfire Iron Reaver encounter and I have a lot of trouble doing so.
    I'm gonna try to provide as much information as possible so hopefully someone can help me.

    The boss use a spell (artillery) that applies a debuff to a player in the raid. The debuff explodes at the end of the duration.
    I have no particular problem tracking said spell, I can either use "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" or "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED".
    The tricky part is that the boss can cast this spell multiples times in a row, meaning that several players can have the debuff at the same time.
    What I want is to have a separated display for each debuff, with the following attached information (Only 3 people can be targeted at the same time) :

    • Icon of the ability
    • Name of the target
    • Range between me and the target
    • Time before debuff expires
    • Damage of the upcoming explosion (tooltip value dynamically reduced by range from the target)


    (Bonus : If i'm targeted by the debuff, instead it should show the distance between me and the closest raid member, and a colored indicator if there's no one in a 40yard range.)

    Debuff can be find here.
    Explosion is that one.

    What I would love to understand is how to track multiple identical events that happens in a short time frame without "overwriting" them? Because if I track them normally on 3 separated display, they will all show the most recent iteration of the spell, because the aura would trigger every time the event is fired.

    Here are the relevant lines in the combat log :

    Events when the debuff is applied :
    Code:
    6/24 21:13:56.818  SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,Vehicle-0-3774-1448-12708-90284-00000B00FC,"Iron Reaver",0x10a48,0x0,Player-1621-0560D1B7,"DÓnny-Dalaran",0x514,0x0,182280,"Artillery",0x1,DEBUFF
    6/24 21:14:05.811  SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,Vehicle-0-3774-1448-12708-90284-00000B00FC,"Iron Reaver",0x10a48,0x0,Player-1621-05788A6F,"╚owyne-Dalaran",0x514,0x0,182280,"Artillery",0x1,DEBUFF
    Here are the events that happen when the debuff expires (~10s later):
    Code:
    6/24 21:14:08.797  SPELL_CAST_START,Vehicle-0-3774-1448-12708-90284-00000B00FC,"Iron Reaver",0x10a48,0x0,0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,0x80000000,182094,"Artillery",0x4
    6/24 21:14:09.813  SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS,Vehicle-0-3774-1448-12708-90284-00000B00FC,"Iron Reaver",0x10a48,0x0,Player-1621-0560D1B7,"DÓnny-Dalaran",0x514,0x2,182094,"Artillery",0x4,Vehicle-0-3774-1448-12708-90284-00000B00FC,0000000000000000,134813941,167572352,0,0,0,3,18,100,3933.09,-622.41,103
    6/24 21:14:09.836  SPELL_AURA_REMOVED,Vehicle-0-3774-1448-12708-90284-00000B00FC,"Iron Reaver",0x10a48,0x0,Player-1621-0560D1B7,"DÓnny-Dalaran",0x514,0x2,182280,"Artillery",0x1,DEBUFF
    ...

    Here are the events when they occur later during the fight :

    Code:
    6/24 21:16:14.943  SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,Vehicle-0-3774-1448-12708-90284-00000B00FC,"Iron Reaver",0x10a48,0x0,Player-1621-06395C4C,"Erka-Dalaran",0x514,0x0,182280,"Artillery",0x1,DEBUFF
    6/24 21:16:14.943  SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,Vehicle-0-3774-1448-12708-90284-00000B00FC,"Iron Reaver",0x10a48,0x0,Player-1621-0638A419,"Emeldize-Dalaran",0x514,0x0,182280,"Artillery",0x1,DEBUFF
    6/24 21:16:14.960  SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,Vehicle-0-3774-1448-12708-90284-00000B00FC,"Iron Reaver",0x10a48,0x0,Player-1621-06392731,"Mantis-Dalaran",0x512,0x0,182280,"Artillery",0x1,DEBUFF
    ...
    They expire in the same fashion.

    As you can see these are pretty straight forward combat log entries. I can track the latest one, but I have no clue how to track those 3 debuffs separately without overlapping everything.
    Help please :'(

  6. #986

    Default

    Hi, I thought this would be the best place to ask / receive help. I am looking for a weak aura that will work very similar to the marked for death weak aura that was made on black hand. Looking for a weakaura that will assign positions based on the Fel Lord Zakuun Seed of Destruction mechanic - so that players can spread properly. Thank you so much.
    Last edited by SuperSquote; 06-25-2015 at 08:00 PM.

  7. #987

    Default

    Had an idea on Tyrant to make my life easier as a Tank, as gauging health changes from half-a-bar health frame is more stressfull than having a full bar when you're on 80% to - 50% health while debuffed. Was thinking it shouldn't be too dificult to make a health progress bar and modify the maximum value via tyrants Aura of Contempt percentage value? I can probably get it finished by myself, but would like to get a nudge to the right direction if anyone has good ideas!

  8. #988

    Default

    I've been trying to recreate a WeakAura I saw that dynamically changes the color of a mulit-target text WA based on the progress time of the debuff.

    Imagine a WA that tracks "DEBUFF A", a list is generated that shows those players with "DEBUFF A" and the time remaining on that debuff. Now, I'd like to change each text line's color whenever a specific player has less than 11 seconds remaining on the debuff.

    What I'd imagine you'd see it look like is as follows:

    Code:
    4.3s Player A
    9.6s Player B
    12.3s Player C
    15.6s Player D
    20.2s Player E


    Is there anyway to generate something like this? I've been fooling around with the custom function in animation under color but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

  9. #989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xpariah View Post
    I've been trying to recreate a WeakAura I saw that dynamically changes the color of a mulit-target text WA based on the progress time of the debuff.

    Imagine a WA that tracks "DEBUFF A", a list is generated that shows those players with "DEBUFF A" and the time remaining on that debuff. Now, I'd like to change each text line's color whenever a specific player has less than 11 seconds remaining on the debuff.

    What I'd imagine you'd see it look like is as follows:

    Code:
    4.3s Player A
    9.6s Player B
    12.3s Player C
    15.6s Player D
    20.2s Player E


    Is there anyway to generate something like this? I've been fooling around with the custom function in animation under color but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

    You have to change the text color in the display custom code I think. I have an example weak aura here doing something similar for Mythic Gorefiend: http://pastebin.com/jSShaiqQ

    actually i think this is what you're looking for =P

  10. #990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSquote View Post
    Hi, I thought this would be the best place to ask / receive help. I am looking for a weak aura that will work very similar to the marked for death weak aura that was made on black hand. Looking for a weakaura that will assign positions based on the Fel Lord Zakuun Seed of Destruction mechanic - so that players can spread properly. Thank you so much.
    http://pastebin.com/7qVvmFNm

    Give this a shot!. I made it in the middle of raid based off the Blackhand aura. It should work.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •