Page 73 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

Oh yeah, i forgot that those are 2 entirely different auras... at least for enfeebling roar you'll be able to use that one.
    Can't test it since I don't have a level 100 druid, but this one should do the counting for both with some custom lua:
    Code:
    dmKEeaGikv1JOq0LOGQrbIofO4vuizwkq3Isf7IcmmbQJbvTmfW0OuY1OuPVbvACuqCokL6EGs7JsrTqfupKsHMOa5IuO4JOuojkSsq1nfa7Kq(jkvdLcvwkk6PknvcUkLQ8wku1CHkUlLISxK)sOgSQdJQfla9yOmzbDzrBwH(mkz0uk40KSAq61cOzt0TPODd8BidNswUqpxrtNQRtQTdcFNcPgpfcNxbz9uq59uq6(uO0(LMWtc0QOLbWZ4ihlXHbgcmXzTsPuSiURJPyMjunejG7keG2jTdyqWgyBdSTDgWoScXJX5zW0AsBiTHKaTtNJf40graNRaMjWPLD7jSmcYyODeb8vzyjjcVHqBOAAj5dTohlWjTgogTEuXIvgjbANohlqXkWiIwmKg40YkI0wyseiPaslYObSdKdrdtRgOCAzfrAlAbCZCscKi80YmHQHibCxHaKObOLzcvdrc4Ucb6HKTmAQaCxHaWqoTSIiTLymKg40INwa3mfRaJiA56iNwwrK2smgsdC2TYi3rrATzYPftpDKPqAeoTJAaMRqaiHPW7777LimUSFALsjJGM9W2BO4IRTgShVDTlU4IRXw49999segx27iNlzMq1ZEy7dUW7777hrX(iS4hKT0fPnzlI0wbindygNqctFiQW77777777hrXEO9W2JFWEJCALsjJGM9HOcVVVVVVVVVVVVxIW4Y(PvkLI4MzpS9SL(ALsjdWicYPvkLmcAA8qTjyk8(((((((((((E1yV9akFy94iK2pYvH23adId2pTsPue3mHP3THeu49999999999999999oY5sMju9Sh2Eh5CjZeQE2Bu94l8((((((((((((eew499999999jiSW7777tqyH3333htxhb9oY5sMju9SWtqiTXKLcbegYkPvHHa0c0McrflwzCsIWtReXdjbAdvJJkmT0hIeO1ulDfjqo50grYKeO1ulDfjqo506CzcCsGwtT0vKa5KtBKJLKaTMAPRibYjNCANohlWPXHuaN2HzxqG9aqRkKwbKZL9mtO6j50YjbAzMq1qKaURqGEizlJMka3viam0Ya4zCKJL4WadbM4mTsPuCyuRcfZkJMka3viaTmtOAisa3viaTmaEgh5yjomWqGjoRvkLIfXDDmfZmHQHibCxHaKtleKi82AGGjNia

I am sure this has already been done in this thread for a different debuff, but after searching through quite a few pages, I didn't locate it. I'm looking to create a weak aura for Gaze of the Abyss that does three things:

Triggers on a duration that is 8 seconds or less.
    Displays text that shows the duration left ("You blow up in %ps!")
    Triggers a chat message counting down the debuff from 5s left until explosion.

The problem I have is two-fold. I don't know how to get the text to work, although I found some info in here that might help. The second problem, and why I haven't tried it out myself, is that I need it to trigger off spell ID. Gaze of the Abyss as a debuff name appears twice in the fight, but only one of those debuffs is one that has a duration that counts down to an explosion. I want the WA to only trigger on that one, ID 165595. If I use Full Scan to check on the ID, I lose the ability to look at remaining time without a custom trigger, which I am inept at using. I have no knowledge of lua.

Hopefully you guys have a solution. I feel it is probably a simple one, but I'm missing it.

Can someone help me to make a script which announces in /say the remaining cooldown on Skull Bash? (or any spell) I mean a count down in /s stating "3sec til interrupt...2sec...1sec" etc. I don't know how to write custom scripts so I'm just using "cooldown ready" trigger

I am trying to create a text WA for the Beastlord Darmac's "Pin Down" ability. I think I need to configure the trigger to be based on the occurrence of an event in the combat log, mainly a cast of Pin Down, but I am not sure whether to use "cast start," "cast success," or some other event.

I am also trying to create a WA for Dreadwing's "Inferno Breath." Although the actual cast time is 1.5 seconds, DBM provides a warning at least 3 seconds before the cast is completed. How can I configure a WA and corresponding trigger to give me a 3+ second warning that Inferno Breath will be cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyito View Post
    Currently don't have a computer to test with since I'm in the middle of moving, but what I would do is save the players name or GUID whenever you get the SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS event when you cast your beacon. There should be a field for the player name/GUID in that event. Here is a good site to try to learn the event returns, and I would also make a separate aura that does print(...) for testing with COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED passed in, so you can see what it looks like exactly.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/COMBAT_LOG_EVENT
    So I've been working at it a little bit, and I now have the aura semi-working, I just cannot figure out how to return the actual duration.

Custom Trigger:
    Code:
    function()
        local flameBOL_up = false
        if not IsInGroup() then --If Player is solo, check only player.
            local has_beaconLight    , _, _, _, _, _, expiration  = UnitAura("player", "Beacon of Light", nil, "PLAYER")
            local has_eternalFlame    , _, _, _, _, _, flameExpire = UnitAura("player", "Eternal Flame", nil, "PLAYER")
            if (has_beaconLight and has_eternalFlame) then
                flameBOL_up = true
            end 
        elseif IsInRaid() then --if Player is in raid, check all raid members
            local group_size = GetNumGroupMembers()
            for i=1, group_size do
                local has_beaconLight, _, _, _, _, _, expiration = UnitAura("raid"..i , "Beacon of Light", nil, "PLAYER")
                local has_eternalFlame, _, _, _, _, _, flameExpire = UnitAura("raid"..i , "Eternal Flame", nil, "PLAYER")
                    flameBOL_up = true
                end
            end
        else --if player is in a party, check all other party members and then check player.
            local group_size = GetNumGroupMembers() - 1
            for i=1, group_size do
                local has_beaconLight, _, _, _, _, _, expiration = UnitAura("party"..i , "Beacon of Light", nil, "PLAYER")
                local has_eternalFlame, _, _, _, _, _, flameExpire = UnitAura("party"..i , "Eternal Flame", nil, "PLAYER")
                    flameBOL_up = true
                end
            end
            local has_beaconLight, _, _, _, _, _, expiration  = UnitAura("player", "Beacon of Light", nil, "PLAYER")
            local has_eternalFlame, _, _, _, _, _, flameExpire  = UnitAura("player", "Eternal Flame", nil, "PLAYER")
                flameBOL_up = true
            end
        end 
        return flameBOL_up
    end
    Custom Untrigger is the same as above, except for I just "return not flameBOL_up"

I am just struggling with the duration portion.

Hello!

I have been trying for a few hours now to make a weak aura that will show an icon for Beacon of Insight with the name of the target that has it showing up underneath, so as to track the jumps and such. I gather this will require a custom script of some kind but I don't have the skill to write such a thing, or edit other scripts I've found to make it do what I want. Google isn't turning up any WAs already made so that I can just copypasta and edit.

Does anybody have a WA like this, or know what I can do to make one? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Toksi View Post
    Hello!

I have been trying for a few hours now to make a weak aura that will show an icon for Beacon of Insight with the name of the target that has it showing up underneath, so as to track the jumps and such. I gather this will require a custom script of some kind but I don't have the skill to write such a thing, or edit other scripts I've found to make it do what I want. Google isn't turning up any WAs already made so that I can just copypasta and edit.

Does anybody have a WA like this, or know what I can do to make one? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    This should work without the need for any custom scripting, the aura > group trigger allows you to return the name of the affected person.
    Code:
    dqtFcaGEjrTlfPTjryMsKmxjPMTGBkr0TPQ2Pq2lA3I2pu5NeP)kHFtyOsknyIy4uXbLcDmH6CsblKkTyjjlhkpuIupfSmIYZv1eLu1uP0KLstN0fLOQRkrLlRY1vyZuLTlj4XuCyittsKVlj0WiQopu1OLIoPI6ssu6wsQCALUNKIxRigNefFwQMX0sarlb3dzejojcpCsMZF7nvcZPEyEiZv9SrKF1OQ2WQ4lCqbu7MfvDiJifEB(BVPsLWtq2u5tByAd1jRUEBSbHo5e8j0sOLwcEIuHTYhJIlbH29Dci8GImtEcLnjeeOwAjOOWLkTe(n7HJrYKtWFe0LwgjtoDzuCzOlvQemb0)0s43Shoc12yPAS(5iQeg)vOOWLkDj0UEERzeu80sWFe0LwQujGHmhTe8hbDPLkvcJ)kENZqxcyIWrlb)rqxAPsLW7CgAj8B2dhJIPsy8xHjG(NUujGD9vKw8ohH1iscBlb3dzejojcpCsMZF7nvcVImt(slsfTP)LkbPLZcZ1xEck227hgTeEfzMuSPNGGrmsLGOIP0mGNUeg5Qe6yIHdHe5FpTmkMG7HmIeNeHhojZ5V9MkvcDmXWPWigPsiMqI8VIn9eeCci8h2tOJjgofgXivPohgsfyeQPgQeYHVfB79d7zumHxrMjFTInvcUsTwPLKkHkWO4kjtovsa
    Can't test it for myself though

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsda View Post
    This should work without the need for any custom scripting, the aura > group trigger allows you to return the name of the affected person.
    Code:
    dqtFcaGEjrTlfPTjryMsKmxjPMTGBkr0TPQ2Pq2lA3I2pu5NeP)kHFtyOsknyIy4uXbLcDmH6CsblKkTyjjlhkpuIupfSmIYZv1eLu1uP0KLstN0fLOQRkrLlRY1vyZuLTlj4XuCyittsKVlj0WiQopu1OLIoPI6ssu6wsQCALUNKIxRigNefFwQMX0sarlb3dzejojcpCsMZF7nvcZPEyEiZv9SrKF1OQ2WQ4lCqbu7MfvDiJifEB(BVPsLWtq2u5tByAd1jRUEBSbHo5e8j0sOLwcEIuHTYhJIlbH29Dci8GImtEcLnjeeOwAjOOWLkTe(n7HJrYKtWFe0LwgjtoDzuCzOlvQemb0)0s43Shoc12yPAS(5iQeg)vOOWLkDj0UEERzeu80sWFe0LwQujGHmhTe8hbDPLkvcJ)kENZqxcyIWrlb)rqxAPsLW7CgAj8B2dhJIPsy8xHjG(NUujGD9vKw8ohH1iscBlb3dzejojcpCsMZF7nvcVImt(slsfTP)LkbPLZcZ1xEck227hgTeEfzMuSPNGGrmsLGOIP0mGNUeg5Qe6yIHdHe5FpTmkMG7HmIeNeHhojZ5V9MkvcDmXWPWigPsiMqI8VIn9eeCci8h2tOJjgofgXivPohgsfyeQPgQeYHVfB79d7zumHxrMjFTInvcUsTwPLKkHkWO4kjtovsa
    Can't test it for myself though
    Thanks so much! I'll plug it in and check it out.

Been googling, looking in this thread and other forums for a specific WA without any luck.

What I'm looking for is a weakaura that can show you the distance and an arrow pointed towards your target.
    I read in this thread this is not possible, but the weakaura from Imperator that shows exactly this distance and arrow pointed towards the tank with Mark of Chaos it seems totally possible?
    Basically looking for an WA exactly like that Mark of Chaos one but visible all the time and target as unit.
    (I want it to watch range/direction to raidmembers/partymembers).

Hey,

@HolyPala look at http://voximmortalis.com/wiki/WeakAuras_Snippets, it works only with players in grp and not with npcs.

first, big thanks Kulldam for all your great work.

i used your Snipptes to create a Weakaura for Blackhand knockback, to show the knockback direction with an arrow and shows a range check to the impact point. It works perfektly

http://pastebin.com/0uYuDFmS

now i had the idea to rotate the arrow frame around the player in the middle of the screen. I searched for the weakaura function to modifer the postion of the texture, but i couldn't find it. Hopefully you can help me.