Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

How about a message saying... "ZOMG GTFO of the puddle Bauser"

Quote Originally Posted by Kainhighwind View Post
    This will tell you if the golem you have targeted has their shield up. It will display a big text warning saying "DON'T ATTACK"
    Awesome, thanks Kain!

Allowed Visitor

Hello Kulldam,

First I would like to thank you for putting up the effort in posting all these amazing guides. All the videos are very well explained and the addon guides are very detailed.

Now here is my little problem, i play an elemental shaman and i wanted to use the "Spell Cooldown (For Spells That Can Proc Instant CD Refreshes)" in order to track when Lava Burst becomes active. I imported the string you posted on the first page and changed both spell ID's as well as spell icon. However when i go to test it the icon just shows on the screen 100% of the time even though the spell has been cast and is now on cooldown. Is there a reason that this would not work for Lava Burst. I checked both custom triggers and even though i have minimal knowledge in coding they are fairly easy to understand and covers exactly what i would be looking for.

Your assistance on this would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartrianis View Post
    Hello Kulldam,

First I would like to thank you for putting up the effort in posting all these amazing guides. All the videos are very well explained and the addon guides are very detailed.

Now here is my little problem, i play an elemental shaman and i wanted to use the "Spell Cooldown (For Spells That Can Proc Instant CD Refreshes)" in order to track when Lava Burst becomes active. I imported the string you posted on the first page and changed both spell ID's as well as spell icon. However when i go to test it the icon just shows on the screen 100% of the time even though the spell has been cast and is now on cooldown. Is there a reason that this would not work for Lava Burst. I checked both custom triggers and even though i have minimal knowledge in coding they are fairly easy to understand and covers exactly what i would be looking for.

Your assistance on this would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for the kind feedback Dartrianis.

As to your question, I loaded up the cooldown code on my 72 Shaman, specced Elemental, and tested it out, and it seems to work fine for me, so not quite sure what the issue would be for you. My only guess is maybe the spell ID wasn't quite right and thus it was looking for a cooldown on a different spell?

Either way, here is the trigger I was using, so you can give this one a shot if you want:

Lava Burst Import String

Allowed Visitor

Thank you very much sir. You weir absolutely correct the Spell ID i looked up online was 60064 and was more than likely the source of the problem. Now I’m almost set i have one last thing to figure out but il put my mind to it a bit more before i request your assistance.

Once again thanks allot and I will be looking forward to watching your next videos.

Good luck on the future kills

Best Regards!
    Dartrianis

Allowed Visitor

Well it's me again,

I have a request beyond my scope of knowledge and it has all to do with Multi-Dotting. I have something setup so that I get a warning when Flame Shock runs out on my focus target and it works ok. But what I would really like to know is if it is possible to have a warning pop up for a missing debuff on a mouseover. This is since I am often on interrupt duties and have to use my focus for that purpose. I am guessing that it would work similar to how you have the marking of the Obnoxious Fiend (Post #18). I know it sounds a bit pointless but it would be very useful on fights like Heroic Halfus, Maloriak and Magmaw.

Hope this is possible.
    Thanks again for your assistance.

Best Regards!
    Dartrianis

Hi,
    After seeing these on your videos and playing with the addon a bit, Im pretty set on switching from PowerAuras. My problem is, none of these import codes work for me, I get the following error:
    "This display is incompatible with your version of WeakAuras - it was created by version 1.3.2, but you have version 1.4b6. Please tell the person you received it from to update their version of WeakAuras"
    See this ticket:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakaur...o-be-imported/

I even get this error with the creators provided examples and even with a couple recent updates applied as well. I know this has nothing to do with you and is out of your hands, but I was hoping you might be able to redo a current export on a couple. I would like to use your boss auras (Omni, Atramedes, etc). If you wouldn't mind letting me try one from a current export, that will be awesome. Current version I believe is 1.4b6

Thanks so much, I'm really hoping to be able to try these.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkamo View Post
    Hi,
    After seeing these on your videos and playing with the addon a bit, Im pretty set on switching from PowerAuras. My problem is, none of these import codes work for me, I get the following error:
    "This display is incompatible with your version of WeakAuras - it was created by version 1.3.2, but you have version 1.4b6. Please tell the person you received it from to update their version of WeakAuras"
    See this ticket:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakaur...o-be-imported/

I even get this error with the creators provided examples and even with a couple recent updates applied as well. I know this has nothing to do with you and is out of your hands, but I was hoping you might be able to redo a current export on a couple. I would like to use your boss auras (Omni, Atramedes, etc). If you wouldn't mind letting me try one from a current export, that will be awesome. Current version I believe is 1.4b6

Thanks so much, I'm really hoping to be able to try these.
    That's a big ol' bummer. Hopefully Mirrormn manages to allow older imports in a future version. =/

Meanwhile, I've updated all the import strings throughout the thread that I still had personal access to (saved in-game), including the aforementioned boss auras you wanted and such.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Dartrianis View Post
    Well it's me again,

I have a request beyond my scope of knowledge and it has all to do with Multi-Dotting. I have something setup so that I get a warning when Flame Shock runs out on my focus target and it works ok. But what I would really like to know is if it is possible to have a warning pop up for a missing debuff on a mouseover. This is since I am often on interrupt duties and have to use my focus for that purpose. I am guessing that it would work similar to how you have the marking of the Obnoxious Fiend (Post #18). I know it sounds a bit pointless but it would be very useful on fights like Heroic Halfus, Maloriak and Magmaw.

Hope this is possible.
    Thanks again for your assistance.

Best Regards!
    Dartrianis
    Didn't forget about this post Dart, but gonna be a bit longer since I have to redo the mouseover-style trigger due to the lack of importing my previous import string code. Still, you're right that this sort of set up will work, so I'll get something up for you soon.

Thanks for the quick response.
    Ill try them tomorrow.