Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 1109

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerranger View Post
    Thx for your help, Kulldam! That looks pretty good. I'll test it as soon as possible.

    BTW: Would the 2nd trigger be doable without a focus target? In a similar way a bossmod would do it?
    I admit I didn't realize you could get target information from boss# identifiers without requiring a player to target or focus -- that's pretty cool!

    Anyway, I tweaked the code a little bit as you requested and so the following should detect Twilight Blast casts (all four versions) and throw up an icon plus sound and /say warning if you are the target.

    Import Text



    Caveat: I notice that the DBM code uses a slight delay before checking the target, which I recall being used on stuff like Defile targets on HLK in the same way, so similarly if this trigger doesn't detect the right target all the time, it's likely due to that targeting delay. Let me know if it's a big issue and I'll try to work a delay in there, but otherwise it's a lot of extra code.

  2. #32

    Default

    Kull there are several W/A settings I am wanting to work on for the Priest, but my biggest problem is I can't figure out how to use the actual spell icon and not say a random shiny W/A icon.

    Take for instance Evangalism...it's the stacking buff I gain when I cast smite on an enemy. It stacks up to 5 times and lasts 18 (maybe 20) seconds and refreshes for every smite. Well I want to put that specific icon with a stack count and countdown timer in a more central location.

    So can you work on that or at least tell me how to use the actual icon that shows up on my buff bar?

    Thanks!

  3. #33
    VI Officer - Forum Admin Khrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    "Discipline

    * Evangelism now also procs from Mind Flay."

    v4.1
    ---
    Steam Name: Demonikhan
    Charter Member, Retired Officer, retired February 2011 and still loving you all.
    Khrash Army
    Khrashdin 85 Tauren Paladin, 525/525 Enchanter/Alchemist | Khrash 85 Tauren Hunter, 525/525 Miner/Engineer
    Khrashaman 85 Tauren Shaman, 525/525 Miner/Blacksmith | Khrashback 85 Goblin Rogue, 525/525 Skinner/Leatherworker
    Khrashfury 85 Tauren Warrior, 525/525 Tailor/Jewelcrafter | Khrashknight 85 Tauren Death Knight, 525/525 Herbalist/Inscriptionist

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikrum View Post
    Kull there are several W/A settings I am wanting to work on for the Priest, but my biggest problem is I can't figure out how to use the actual spell icon and not say a random shiny W/A icon.

    Take for instance Evangalism...it's the stacking buff I gain when I cast smite on an enemy. It stacks up to 5 times and lasts 18 (maybe 20) seconds and refreshes for every smite. Well I want to put that specific icon with a stack count and countdown timer in a more central location.

    So can you work on that or at least tell me how to use the actual icon that shows up on my buff bar?

    Thanks!
    I setup three styles for tracking Evangelism. I personally prefer the combo-point style which I use for stuff like actual Combo Points and Holy Power, because it is easier to visually recognize the "width" of the icons to illustrate the count, rather than having to scan and find the text and interpret the number of a stack or combo count. But to each their own, so I've included the other styles if you prefer.

    Combo Point Style

    Import Text (Combo)


    Import Text (Timer Text)


    Functionality: Displays auto-animated "plus-sign" textures based on stack count. Timer displays duration info, but both cannot be grouped so you must move/size/position each separately.

    Usage: To alter the spacing between the combo-points, mess with the Evangelism Combo > Group > Space setting (negatives can be manually typed). To change the size of the icons, mess with Evangelism Combo > Display > Width/Height. The texture can be changed through Evangelism Combo > Display > Texture > Choose.

    Caveat: I don't know if it's a WeakAuras bug or something corrupted with my saved settings, but I'm getting a strange issue with the Combo Point display in that it shows all 5 icons "stacked" on each other in the middle when they shouldn't. If you get the same thing, uncheck Evangelism Combo > Group > Animated Expand and Collapse, which seems to resolve the issue for me.

    Progress Bar

    Import Text


    Functionality: A progress-bar similar to DBM/BigWigs bars with name, duration, icon, and stack.


    Icon

    Import Text


    Functionality: Icon with duration centered and stack count bottom-right.

    As for your question about changing the icon, it depends on the "type" of WeakAura you are setting up, but for an Icon for example, following these steps to manually select an icon:
    1. Click "Display"
    2. Uncheck "Automatic Icon"
    3. Click "Choose"
    4. Type a partial name of the icon or spell to search for (most icons are named after their associated spell).
    5. "evang" search displays two icon results, one of them Evangelism.
    6. Select your icon and you're set!

    Also, most triggers have an option to automatically select their display icon based on the aura you are tracking in the Trigger tab settings.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 04-28-2011 at 11:31 PM.

  5. #35

    Default

    Kull,

    I would like some help in creating some weak aura settings for my Priest cd's. What I am looking for is basically to track cd's and to help me get into better habit of using them more. What I would like to see is a layout/design with an icon sitting on my screen, 0% transparent...indicating it's ready to be cast. When I cast it, however, it turns somewhat transparent, with a timer on the icon itself showing me when it'll be off CD. This seems pretty technical so if it's too much trouble don't bother with it. Also I am wanting this for a lot of cd's. So if you could just post the steps for one of them; I'll recreate the rest.

    Thanks so much!

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikrum View Post
    Kull,

    I would like some help in creating some weak aura settings for my Priest cd's. What I am looking for is basically to track cd's and to help me get into better habit of using them more. What I would like to see is a layout/design with an icon sitting on my screen, 0% transparent...indicating it's ready to be cast. When I cast it, however, it turns somewhat transparent, with a timer on the icon itself showing me when it'll be off CD. This seems pretty technical so if it's too much trouble don't bother with it. Also I am wanting this for a lot of cd's. So if you could just post the steps for one of them; I'll recreate the rest.

    Thanks so much!
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ellmewhen.aspx
    Look beyond what you see.

  7. #37

    Default

    Harkle thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that is quite what I am looking for.

    Kull I've been trying for days to figure out how to have a W/A check to see if;

    a) Is Prayer of Mending on CD?
    b) If so is it on someone?
    c) If neither of the above have an icon on the screen indicating I should cast it.

    The second thing I am trying to figure out how to do is to have the Evangelism timer alert me via sound, chat message, message across top of screen, or something when it has 5 seconds left before falling off. That way I can either use A/A or cast another smite.

    Suggestions?
    Last edited by Vikrum; 03-31-2011 at 10:30 AM.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikrum View Post
    Kull I've been trying for days to figure out how to have a W/A check to see if;

    a) Is Prayer of Mending on CD?
    b) If so is it on someone?
    c) If neither of the above have an icon on the screen indicating I should cast it.

    Import Text



    Haven't tested in a group setting, but the above should work. It's really just two Triggers -- one to check if PoM is not active on someone, and the second to check if PoM is off cooldown. I also have it set to load on combat, Priest, as Disc or Holy specs, so obviously adjust accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikrum View Post
    The second thing I am trying to figure out how to do is to have the Evangelism timer alert me via sound, chat message, message across top of screen, or something when it has 5 seconds left before falling off. That way I can either use A/A or cast another smite.
    Easiest thing to do is to copy the Combo Point Timer Text import from the Evangelism post above and tweak it slightly to be your <5 sec warning.

    1. Set Trigger > Remaining Time to <= 5
    2. Set Actions > Play Sound to desired sound.
    3. Set Actions > Custom to the following code:
    Code:
    -- START CONFIG
    local msg = "Warning Message";
    -- END CONFIG
    RaidNotice_AddMessage(RaidWarningFrame, msg, ChatTypeInfo["RAID_WARNING"])
    4. Change the "Warning Message" to your desired string, or leave Actions > Custom unchecked if you just want a sound warning without text.
    5. Set Display > Text Color to completely transparent, by sliding the Positive/Negative slider to the bottom/negative (thus you won't see the text duplicated).

    Here is an example:

    Import Text


  9. #39

    Default

    Excellent Kull. Thanks for hooking that up. Maybe now I'll be a better Priest!

  10. #40

    Default

    Heroic Omnitron Defense System Help

    Since I know I fell victim of being the Static Shock failure once last night I figured I'd post this Weak Auras that I made.

    Import String



    This will tell you if the golem you have targeted has their shield up. It will display a big text warning saying "DON'T ATTACK"
    Last edited by Kainhighwind; 04-07-2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: I am Kain

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •