Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

Quote Originally Posted by adrenochrom View Post
    Hi,
    thanks for your great guide.
    I'm a german restoration druid from the guild set sail for fail and i have a question about weakauras custom triggers.
    Sorry for my bad english .

As a restoration druid i use regrowth to trigger the nature's grace buff (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=61346).
    This buff has a 1 minute cooldown.

Is there a chance to setup a trigger in weakauras which shows me a icon when the cooldown from nature's grace is ready (1 minute after i had the nature's grace buff)?

Thanks for your help.

Adrenochrom
    Good news, I think I figured out how to do this. Also, with the latest versions of WeakAuras, importing it should be very easy just using the Import String option, which is awesome!

Anyway, I have two different "sets" of triggers for Nature's Grace. The first one does what you requested: Displays an icon (the Nature's Grace icon by default) when Nature's Grace is off cooldown and ready to be displayed. I also set it to default of playing a Sonar "ping" sound (one I personally use for various alerts) and it will only Load when Druid Resto spec, so obviously change those settings as you see fit. See the below screenshot for an example (just as you would imagine, a simple icon).

WoWScrnShot_021311_003058.jpg

Nature's Grace Ready Icon

Import String

The other set I made was for my own personal use, and basically shows a cooldown timer+icon for Nature's Grace so I can know when it will be coming up again (great for planning for burst healing timings and all that). Therefore, this one is sort of the opposite of the above, and as soon as you gain Nature's Grace, this display will appear with the NG icon and display a 60 second countdown until it expires, at which point you can gain NG again; during testing the timer was extremely accurate so that's good as well.

Below is a screenshot of this display in action, and as mentioned it shows the NG icon and the aforementioned cooldown timer. As with the other set, this one defaults to Resto Druid Load only.

WoWScrnShot_021311_003117.jpg

Nature's Grace Cooldown Icon & Timer

Import String

Regardless of which you choose to utilize, an important note: One section of the code uses plain text, which of course for me is written in English for the EN game client. If you use the DE client or otherwise, you may need to edit one line in one trigger where I must use the actual spell name, but I'm sure you'll be able to tell if necessary. To check if it looks accurate for your client, go to:

1. Open the Nature's Grace Group or Nature's Grace Coolup Group (depending which set you're using)
    2. Open the NG Cooldown or NGC Cooldown
    3. Under Trigger > Custom Trigger find the line that reads:
    Code:
        local id = select(11, UnitAura("player", "Nature's Grace", nil, "PLAYER|HELPFUL"))
    4. Edit these text values to match your appropriate client language/localization if necessary.
    5. Click "Accept" to save the changes.
    6. There are no other lines of code that use text strings that might be localized differently, so that should be everything.

If you have any further questions or issues with these, don't hesitate, and glad you asked, as it forced me to solve this for myself as well, which is nice!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kulldam; 04-28-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Good moring Kulldam,

first of all I want to thank you for responding promptly and professionally.
    I play with the English version and both triggers work well.

Perhaps you can post this to the author of weakauras so he can add this to:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakauras/pages/examples/

Greak work!

Adrenochrom

Heroic: Omnitron Defense System Helpers

Import String

This set of helpers is meant to assist with the more difficult mechanics of the Heroic: Omnitron encounter as follows.

• When Shadow Infusion is gained and is about to expire, a text warning + gong sound alerts the player to move to the center of the raid. The text remains throughout the duration of the following Shadow Conductor as well. Also has the player /say to stack up on him.
    • A warning for Mage/Hunter/Rogue/Paladin when Acquiring Target is applied, to inform them to use an immunity/FD if possible to cancel the Flamethrower. Also includes a /say to indicate players should move away.
    • A /say warning for players to move away when a player is afflicted by Encasing Shadows (and about to get Flamethrower but unable to move).
    • A cast bar + sound warning for all interrupt-capable classes when Arcane Annihilator is being cast by Arcanotron (Note: You may want to disable this if you never need to help interrupt).

All raiders that don't already have it should install WeakAuras as these sorts of helpers (and all sorts of other stuff) will continue to prove very useful for some time to come.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 04-28-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Heroic: Maloriak Helpers

Import String

These helpers include:

Arcane Storm: A large icon, text, and sound warning above your character when the cast begins (for interrupt-capable classes).

Release Aberrations: A large icon, text, and sound warning above your character when the cast begins (for interrupt-capable classes). Note: I did not bother making this "intelligent" and thereby avoid warning when we want the cast to go through. That's a great deal of work to programatically control but I'll do it if the need arises.

Remedy: A large icon, text, and sound warning above your character when Maloriak gains the Remedy buff (for offensive magic dispel classes).

Dark Sludge: A small icon, text, and sound warning to the side of the character when Dark Sludge is applied to the player indicating they should move.

Consuming Flames: A small icon, text, and sound warning to the side of the character when Consuming Flames is applied to the player indicating they should move.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 04-28-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Heroic: Conclave Helpers

Import String

Storm Shield: A large icon, text, and sound warning above your character when the buff is gained.

Wind Blast: A large icon, text, and sound warning above your character when the cast begins (this may only produce a warning when the actual knockback begins and not the "wind-up" portion, log only shows one entry or the other, and cannot confirm which).

Rohash/Nezir Healer & DPS Team Transfers: Large text and sound warning to indicate when Rohash team members (both Rohash healers, and Rohash DPS members) should swap platforms. The warnings work based on energy levels of the target or focus of the player (so healers will want to target a boss or ideally, set one as /focus). Current timings are setup to give a 10-second warning for Rohash Team to switch at 55 energy, meaning the actual swap should happen about 65 energy, giving those members 25 seconds until the ultimate + 15 seconds of ultimate + ~5 seconds of travel time to clear their Slicing Gale debuff that lasts 45 seconds maximum. A second warning pops at ~2 energy on the bosses (a couple seconds after ultimates end) to indicate Rohash teams should swap back to their original locations.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 04-28-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Heroic: Atramedes Helpers

Import String

Obnoxious Fiend Spawn: Icon & text warning when an Obnoxious Fiend has spawned.

Obnoxious Fiend Kill Time: Icon, text, and sound warning when an Obnoxious Fiend has lost his Phase Shift buff/is attackable and should be killed.

Obnoxious Fiend Obnoxious Interrupt: Icon, text, and sound warning to interrupt-capable classes when a Fiend casts Obnoxious, and should be interrupted.

Tracking Run Away: Icon, text, "/say warning", and sound warning (run away little girl) when an individual gains the Tracking debuff, which indicates the Sound Breath attack in ground phase or the flame attack in air phase.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 04-28-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Alternative Power Indicator

Import String

Fairly simple, but this will display a text indicator when your character has more than zero Alternate Power, for fights like Atramedes or Cho'gall. Note that this hasn't been tested in a raid, but I think it will function as expected.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 02-28-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genkidama
    hi kulldam,
    is it possible to set a raidtarget on the spawned fiend via custom actions? it would be easier to see and find him.

so long genki
    It is not possible to automatically raid mark an NPC because the WoW API requires a valid UnitID specification before an icon can be applied. In other words: A player must "interact" with a target before a raid mark can be applied, such as targeting it, focusing it, or mousing over via the cursor.

Therefore, this isn't exactly what you're asking for, but it's the closest approximation. This trigger will fire anytime you target or mouseover a living NPC while in Blackwing Descent with the specified name (Obnoxious Fiend by default). Once triggered, it then applies a Raid Icon to that target or mouseover NPC (skull by default).

Once imported, if you want to change the NPC name or the raid icon used to something else, there are two lines in the Trigger > Custom Trigger field that are commented and noted that should be edited.

Import String

Hope that helps. Additionally, if you haven't tried it already, we found it very handy to simply make a "/target Obn" macro for our DPS players -- once the warning that the Fiend is attackable fired, hitting that macro was an easy way to target it without worrying about clicking or tab-targeting.

Kull, is there a way to have a WA indicator pop up based on a DBM timer? I'm trying to be able to use Aura Mastery before Searing Flame actually casts in order to have resists on the first tick.

Also how do you go about adding children to a group in Weak Auras?

Quote Originally Posted by Kainhighwind View Post
    Kull, is there a way to have a WA indicator pop up based on a DBM timer? I'm trying to be able to use Aura Mastery before Searing Flame actually casts in order to have resists on the first tick.
    Good question, I could find some uses for that as well, so I'll figure it out and post back here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainhighwind View Post
    Also how do you go about adding children to a group in Weak Auras?
    Click the "Group" arrow icon under a particular item, then click the group you want to add it to (groups should be highlighted after the first click and other stuff grayed out).