Page 21 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZetroGrade View Post
    Now if I smile really wide with puppy eyes and everything... would it be possible for you to revamp the entire Feral DPS Weak Aura set up?
    Unlikely, especially given that I (along with most people) will be very busy in under 6 hours. ><

Remember, this is a tutoring thread, intended to offer mentoring for others to learn and solve their own issues to become better users of WeakAuras in the future. Everything you mentioned is quite simple, so I'd encourage you take it slow and just try to create one icon/Display, then branch off from there -- you'll get something going in no time!

Also you might want to look into your class mechanics a bit post-5.0.4. For example, Mangle is no longer a debuff and therefore unnecessary in any back-attackable situation for Feral DPS players.

If you run into a specific issue that you can't seem to resolve despite your best efforts, then you might consider posting that information here and someone can probably help get you on the right track.

Good luck!

My guild started Mogu'shan Vaults last night, and unfortunately we fought a losing battle with RNG on the "Gara'jal the Spiritbinder" encounter. I was trying to think of a WeakAura to track which members do not have the debuff called "Voodoo Doll" in an easy to see manner. This would allow us to see who is eligible to go to the spirit realm. I have it in Grid, and can call people out most of the time. This would just make things a tad easier, and I would see a WA like this being useful in other fights as well. If you have any thoughts on the subject please let me know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by St1 View Post
    My guild started Mogu'shan Vaults last night, and unfortunately we fought a losing battle with RNG on the "Gara'jal the Spiritbinder" encounter. I was trying to think of a WeakAura to track which members do not have the debuff called "Voodoo Doll" in an easy to see manner. This would allow us to see who is eligible to go to the spirit realm. I have it in Grid, and can call people out most of the time. This would just make things a tad easier, and I would see a WA like this being useful in other fights as well. If you have any thoughts on the subject please let me know.

Thanks
    Your best bet is probably just a Text display with the options of Unit:Group and Name Info: Player(s) Not Affected. Lastly ensure the Display > Display Text is set to "%n" to display the name field, which will then be the list of players unaffected by the aura you've specified.

There are a number of caveats to this method, the biggest of which is because WeakAuras is designed to trigger Displays off of various events occurring, it isn't intended to be used for an "always on"-type verification, such is the case here. This means that you will only see this Display appear when the aura in question (Voodoo Doll in this case) is active on a member of the raid, at which point it will scan the raid and should list the players unaffected as you desire.

Hope that helps, good luck!

That helps! Thanks, Kulldam. I'm constantly trying to find uses for this amazing addon. Glad I found your thread.

Default Ice barrier

Hey guys I would really love your assistance on this one again, I've been using power auras for tracking this specific function for a while, but since they haven't updated their addon for a while now it's been bugging a bit and I'd like to see if i could use it on Weakauras.

How I had the aura set up was for Ice barrier to show an icon, on two conditions:

1 - Spell must be off cooldown
    2 - Buff must be inactive/diminshed

This is to avoid spamming ice barrier unnecessarily while it is already active.

Spoiler

any help would be greatly appreciated, as i don't even know where to start with the custom fuctions

Quote Originally Posted by mixo View Post
    Hey guys I would really love your assistance on this one again, I've been using power auras for tracking this specific function for a while, but since they haven't updated their addon for a while now it's been bugging a bit and I'd like to see if i could use it on Weakauras.

How I had the aura set up was for Ice barrier to show an icon, on two conditions:

1 - Spell must be off cooldown
    2 - Buff must be inactive/diminshed

This is to avoid spamming ice barrier unnecessarily while it is already active.

Spoiler

any help would be greatly appreciated, as i don't even know where to start with the custom fuctions

Got it to work, turns out to be simpler than I thought

Quote Originally Posted by mixo View Post
    Got it to work, turns out to be simpler than I thought
    Great to hear, well done!

This is probably easy to do, but so far I haven't found a guide on it:

Basically I'm wanting a button on my hotbar (for Soul Repear) to start glowing when the mob is at <35% health and I have a frost rune up (so I can actually 'cast' it). I know it's possible, I've read that people have done it, but no one seems to actually say how. Thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by Izonami View Post
    This is probably easy to do, but so far I haven't found a guide on it:

Basically I'm wanting a button on my hotbar (for Soul Repear) to start glowing when the mob is at <35% health and I have a frost rune up (so I can actually 'cast' it). I know it's possible, I've read that people have done it, but no one seems to actually say how. Thanks a ton!
    I'd suggest you check out the WeakAuras Tutorial page which will get you started. There's also one or two in-game Tutorials when you run WeakAuras that might help you out a bit.

What you're looking for is quite simple so to get started, look into the Trigger > Type: Status settings. There should be a trigger type for "Unit Health" or "Health" where you can specify the health parameters you want, and also create a second Trigger for Type: Status of "Runes" to specify the Frost Rune availability.

Once the Trigger is established (that is, the parameters that determine when your Display is activated), you then simply change the settings of the indication however you want. This is often done in the "Display" tab and the "Actions" tab (which incidentally has a built-in "Glow" effect feature you might find particularly useful to meet your goal).

Hope that helps, good luck!

Hi Kulldam,

I was wondering if there was a way to track a specific boss resource (specifically stone guard energy).

I want to have a progress bar that shows the energy level of each boss, and possibly the name of its target shown right next to it.

I am clueless on how to make any WeakAura except the most, basic simple ones, unfortunately.

Thanks for any and all help!