Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

I haven't tested this out yet but the more complex aura is exactly what I was looking for, thank you again for this! hopefully some of that genius coding rubs off on me.

There are 2 sets. The first is the primary buttons.

Spoiler

The 2nd is the filler button.

Spoiler

In my estimation, the cause of what I'm seeing is one of 3 things.
    It's either:
    a) Server side lag
    b) Just my eyes playing tricks on me
    c) both of the above.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you guys.

PS. I'm on Hyjal too so feel free to whisper me (Typheous or Guderian)

Quote Originally Posted by Typheous View Post
    There are 2 sets. The first is the primary buttons.

Spoiler

The 2nd is the filler button.

Spoiler

In my estimation, the cause of what I'm seeing is one of 3 things.
    It's either:
    a) Server side lag
    b) Just my eyes playing tricks on me
    c) both of the above.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you guys.

PS. I'm on Hyjal too so feel free to whisper me (Typheous or Guderian)
    I imported your sets on my Warrior and they seemed to work fine -- I would immediately see the Raging Blow icon update the stack count the moment I gained an Enrage effect, identical to the moment my Raging Blow effect appeared in my Buff list.

My only suggestion is to try to drill down a bit and see if you can determine the issue step by step. For example, maybe you're having issues due to the Dynamic Group functionality and animations. Try taking your Raging Blow display out of the group and move it right next to your normal Buff list, then you can easily watch the Raging Blow WeakAura Display compared to when you gain the Raging Blow stack in your buffs and see if there's any delay going on.

Another easy way to test the reaction I found was to just hit Berserker Rage and again watch the Raging Blow Display update.

Anyway, it worked just fine for me and was immediately responsive to Enrage changes, so I can't say what your issue might be. =/

Yeah, the more I test, the more I feel like it is just in my head. I tried setting the dynamic group right next to my action bar AND a 2nd ungrouped icon and could see no difference. Then when I turned off everything but the group off, I felt like everything was delayed again! More than anything, I think it is my brain trying to consolidate all the movement on screen (or something). Anyway, thanks for taking a look. I really appreciate you taking the time.

See you around!

Edit: did you try the filler group?

Quote Originally Posted by Typheous View Post
    Edit: did you try the filler group?
    Yes, has no impact.

As general knowledge, it's worth pointing out that the event(s) that WeakAuras monitors to trigger updates to Displays showing auras include UNIT_AURA, which instantly fires anytime any aura is updated, added, or removed from an entity. So inherently there should be no delay (or at least, no delay relative to the normal buff frames).

Good luck!

Hey Kulldam,

After re-doing all of my alts' UIs with WeakAuras, I decided it was time to overhaul my mage's as well. After getting done with one spec, it seems I may have overdone it. Whenever I try to duplicate this WeakAura group either to a string or through an in-game link, it's too large for others to download and it also gives an error when trying to import as a string:

"Error deserializing ...Council\Libs\AceSerializer-3.0\AceSerializer-3.0.lua:223: Invalid Ace Serializer table format (no table end marker)"

Does this mean I am doomed forever to never have the ability to share my UI with other mages, or do you think there's something I can fix on my end that doesn't involve cutting something out of my UI?

Here is the string I receive when I choose to export the group (veeeeeeery long):

Spoiler

Last edited by Kulldam; 09-17-2012 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Changed [code] to [spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by aroldthemage View Post
    Hey Kulldam,

After re-doing all of my alts' UIs with WeakAuras, I decided it was time to overhaul my mage's as well. After getting done with one spec, it seems I may have overdone it. Whenever I try to duplicate this WeakAura group either to a string or through an in-game link, it's too large for others to download and it also gives an error when trying to import as a string:

"Error deserializing ...Council\Libs\AceSerializer-3.0\AceSerializer-3.0.lua:223: Invalid Ace Serializer table format (no table end marker)"

Does this mean I am doomed forever to never have the ability to share my UI with other mages, or do you think there's something I can fix on my end that doesn't involve cutting something out of my UI?

Here is the string I receive when I choose to export the group (veeeeeeery long):

Spoiler

So it functions normally for you I take, but you are just having issues with exporting/importing for other users? If that's the case, maybe it can be salvaged from your SavedVariables. Try this:

1. Open your World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables folder.
    2. Find the WeakAuras.lua file (and just to be safe make a copy of it in this folder for now)
    3. Upload that file to your favorite file share server or Pastebin and post the link here (or PM the link to me if you prefer).

As you can probably guess from the error message, essentially the formatted "code" or data structure is malformed in some way so perhaps it still exists intact in your WeakAuras SavedVariables file.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 09-19-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Hey, I looked though all the pages and couldn't see a Moonkin export for Moonfire/sunfire? any chance you could post it? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZetroGrade View Post
    You are an amazing man Kulldam.. I have never tried WeakAura, but I am definately gonna test this now, since Power Aura is completely screwed in the new build for MoP.
    My question is, will the above work in MoP? With the alterations made to talent trees and specialization?

I play Feral DPS and rely on accurate information on screen close to the action, so I dont have to look at the top of wow interface for 5 miniature images for combo points etc.

And is it possible to have images showing instead of timer bars for cd's.. say I want an "Rip" image similar to the "Rip icon" with a cd timer running next to it for the duration of the "Rip"?

As I said, I have not tried WeakAura yet, so this might all be very simple to set up.. but if you already did the work, then I can be pursuaded to be lazy

Thx in advance Kulldam.. again you are amazing

/ZetroGrade

"I may not always be rigth, but I am never wrong!"

Hey again Kulldam

I just returned after a GW2 break.. to find my Mangle bar is not working...? Did Blizz mess it up? :P
    It start red.. and keep red.. as if mangle is not on the target, even tho I apply it myself.

Cant get Faerie Fire to work either since I got the upgraded version: Faerie Swarm.
    And I did try just to alter the Trigger name.. but that did'nt work :S

Possible for you to "fix this" in current build?

Thx in advance mate

/ZetroGrade

Hmm giving it a closer look then it seems like Tiger's Fury is not responding either...

Now if I smile really wide with puppy eyes and everything... would it be possible for you to revamp the entire Feral DPS Weak Aura set up?
    Possibly add.. combo points as 5 dots showing below the char... and once it reaches 5 stacks.. a kinda Aura is displayed around the character or above?

Possible to add a larger icon for the corrosponding ability applied with a timer ticking down placed in a square around the char... as in top left: Savage Roar... top right: Rip.. bottom left: Rake and bottom right: Mangle

And instead of an energy bar showing.. then have an icon pop up, when ever Shred is ready to be cast?

and last but not least.. have CD icons showing when ever Tiger's Fury and Berserk is ready to be popped

I know this is asking alot.. but I know you're pro Kulldam.. so perhaps I could pursuade you one druid to another

Thx alot in advance mate.. I'd appreciate this alot, if its possible