Page 15 of 111 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

Hello there!

I stumbled upon this site after hours and hours of research related to some things in WA i just can't figure out.
    I went through the whole thread and oh boy is it good and helpful, but i have some special requests und questions, and i kindly ask you to help me out

First things first, i'm playing an Arms Warrior, running t13p4.

So here i present you: My problems

1. Combinated Colossus Smash (i call it CS as a term now) target debuff tracker; CS usable regardless if enough rage; Cooldown timer with instant proc cd reset

What do i want?

- Everything shown on the same spot, has to be an icon, no dynamic grp, no bar or text art (placeholder, as i'm custom texturing it anyway later on)
    -1 Showing my CS Debuff on target with duration (numeric display); highest priority in terms of showing (no target = do not show, obviously )
    -2 Showing availability of CS (happens at: finished cooldown or t13p4 proc), regardless how much rage i have at that time (and ooc, no target = do not show); second priority
    -3 Showing cooldown (numeric display) of CS, if = no CS debuff is on target, CS is not available, in combat and no target/target=harm. CD can be resetted by t13p4 proc. lowest priority

In short: Show debuff if present, if not, do not show, show availability then. If not available, do not show availability, show cd. Or even shorter: Show 1 OR 2 OR 3, same backwards.

2. Combinated Overpower (OP as a term from now on) availability regardless if enough rage AND stance, Taste for Blood (Term: TfB) internal cooldown timer

What do i want?

- Everything shown on the same spot, has to be an icon, no dynamic grp, no bar or text art (placeholder, as i'm custom texturing it anyway later on)
    -1 Show availability of OP, regardless how much rage i have at the moment and what stance i'm in (yes, sometimes 5 rage is just too much). Same here: OOC, no target = do not show); highest priority.
    -2 Show the internal cooldown of TfB (playerbuff applied on player) with duration (numeric display; 6 Seconds, starting with the first appliance of Rend on target).
    If showing, and remaining time < 6 seconds = show remaining seconds only. Ooc, no target = do not show; second priority.

In short: Show OP availability regardless of rage and stance (very important!), if not available, show TfB ICD, if initiated through applying rend. Even shorter: 1 OR 2, same backwards

Everything else i figured out on my own, one last question though

3. Is it possible to let an animated model do not refresh it's own framecycle on refreshing a debuff? I have a nice animated model for my rend on target, but rend refreshes itself everytime i hit the target with Mortal Strike. So does the model. i don't want this to happen. My logic says: I apply rend, show the model and it's animated cycle, but do not start over, if rend is refreshed.

I would be the happiest person on the planet, if you could help me with that, in return i post back ALL of my arms strings and a pic of my UI when i have the time to play, maybe it will help other arms warriors too.

Thank you

P.S.: i'm not that good in english, i'm sorry

Default Announcing Hearthstone Location

Hey,

since I'm changing my hearthstone location a lot reccently I tried to create an aura to announce my destination.

Basically I'm looking for a lua function to display where I'm hearthing to.

Text output would look like: "Hearthing to: Silver Covenant Pavilion"

Any input would be greatly appreciated as always

Thx, Tsoo

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoo View Post
    Hey,

since I'm changing my hearthstone location a lot reccently I tried to create an aura to announce my destination.

Basically I'm looking for a lua function to display where I'm hearthing to.

Text output would look like: "Hearthing to: Silver Covenant Pavilion"

Any input would be greatly appreciated as always

Thx, Tsoo
    Hi Tsoo,

*Create a WeakAuras Text warning and set the Trigger to Event > Spell Cast Start > Spellname: Hearthstone (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=8690)
    *In the Display tab, set the text output to custom and put in a function of something like:

Code:
    function()
      return GetBindLocation()
    end
    If you get an error saying the function is invalid, try just the "return GetBindLocation()" part without the function() end wrapping tags. Then the actual text under Display will be something like "Hearting to: %c".

Also for future reference, you can find the whole list of API functions in WoW here, then just Ctrl+F to look for specific stuff. Hope that helps!

Worked like a charm and thanks for the wowpedia-link, that should be helpful in the future.

Here's the code if someone wants to use it.

Spoiler

Hello! I recently tried to copy the code from page 11 here on how to get your buffs to show which player gave it to you.

The issue is that I'm dumb...I tried the 1st example and that gave me a fatal error and shutdown WoW, the 2nd on won't allow me to hit "Accept" after pasting it in. I tried just pasting the code itself and typing "c%" followed by the code, neither worked.

On an unrelated note, I created a few auras yesterday, logged out normally and shutdown...when I reopened WoW it only shows 2 of the ~9 that I should have there (both listed as Loaded)...there is nothing under "Not Loaded" and the "eye" icons there is greyed out and clicking on it does nothing...any way to see the Unloaded auras at any time?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by booziel View Post
    Hello! I recently tried to copy the code from page 11 here on how to get your buffs to show which player gave it to you.
    Hey Booziel,

here is my current setup to show external Buffs/CDs, feel free to use it. Since then I have changed the alerts to a bar-setup in an automatic group. This helped a lot with setting things up.

Spoiler

If you want to add something, use the bar named "test" (I suggest replicating it before doing so). There are always two changes to be made.

The first one is the Aura Name, to be found in the tab "Trigger".
    The second one is the Custom Function in the tab "Display". Below you can find the Custom Function, the string "test" has to match the Aura Name.

Code:
    function()
        return UnitName(select(8, UnitAura("player", "test")))
    end

Cheers, Tsoo
    Last edited by Tsoo; 07-14-2012 at 08:48 AM.

I have this WA dynamic group for my cooldowns.

http://pastebin.com/9HPB9zuf

It works great except in PvP. When I get interrupted or locked out of a school, the entire bar expands to show both auras for each spell. I can't seem to figure out a way to make the auras that display the actual cooldowns, ignore something like this.

This is a question for the beta of MoP (weakauras works great on the beta, btw). I have had no problem doing anything on beta which I can do on Live, with the following exception. Mages have a new talent called Rune of Power. When activated, it creates a buff called, surprisingly enough, Rune of Power, which lasts for 1 minute. However, when I do my normal setup for counting down the time left on an aura, it does not count down the 60 seconds. I have noticed that the buff itself also does not have a countdown, so I am assuming we are using Blizzard's timing and, since that is not there, weakauras can't do it either? However, since I really only want to count down a fixed 60 seconds from the time I put the Rune down, I was hoping there was some way to get around this limitation by using code. (In addition, just to complicate matters, there can be multiple runes down and I really only need to track the last one I placed [it could be more complex than that, since we should be tracking the one we are standing in, but that is going too far for any addon I think, lol].

Here is the string of the standard aura countdown for this buff: dCdXcaGEjLAxksETIsZvsMTsDtIOFjPQBRWoLO9sTBr7Ni9tfv dtO8BPgQsyWKKHtWbjPoMeCojuwOqwQsYJjQLRQdJQNcwMs0Zv 5AiftLqtgLMoIlkH05vs9mjfUoP2OeQ(os1MrY2jcFusjFvsrF MeZtrX0Ku5KcvJwcX4veDjKsDlKsoTG7Pi12ueUm0FrXUGfnem epj4tXLXQ4YDEvNaU3mdUcY86eBkHMo(godfMIggj7fmriHtJH HbwdSw0avNeiuB0LlRZaB4e281aHlp7zG2cg2nN1Ig0hYiV535 idFVrlAyO3KGfnXedYB(Dw0WfsLnAqs11QOMyIH1ZPOoK4sATK MIz4rLqNIRfqdb5oneynSsNOuvnLuvlA64BGltcDEw0avidxrS OHR1jRH4jbFkUmwPMLDEEv1e5ZQw)8RssKnWRGwNSxvupzivu) yYHwNStneQHb2M5ADY6itmXa5dkk4Brdpommrmdpo4HmKkmTa( Cs)gMzAdjFGNfDzbdR0jkvvtjv1IMo(My4XbpKHuXWeXmOpKrO PJpzTa6id6eLatIbUM0gqjWKyai8ugRV49pQxT(5g0hYOZaXrg obCVl5d0LXmOpK5eW9UKpqhzqFidv)dhzqFiZJdEidPIJm84yU a(Cs)gMzAd6dxHdhzIHjNtrDiXL0AjnlnK6H4huuW)CzbdYDVz B6PJmXa3IgwPtuQQMsQQfnD8nepj4tXLXQ4YDEvNaU3mdUcY86 eBkHMo(MyqcxwOUyXmXga

Hope you can help

Hello

I must admit that I'm pretty new to weak auras, and I found this thread while searching for a solution to my problem.

Basically, I want to track how much dmg my Ignite will do total.

I have an aura that shows me for how much it ticks that looks like this:

function()
    WA_DOTS = WA_DOTS or {};
    WA_DOTS.Ignite = WA_DOTS.Ignite or {};
    local record = WA_DOTS.Ignite[UnitGUID("target")];
    if(record) then
    return string.format("%i", record.Amount or 0);
    else
    return "Waiting";
    end
    end
    It would be easy if Ignite had fixed duration, but it doesn't. It ticks ever 2 sec, and it can stack go up to 6 seconds. So I figured easiest way would be to do smething like that:

if ignite duration => 6 then multiply the ignite tick x 4 (as it will tick on 6,4,2 and 0 sec left), and then respectively:
    if 6 > ignite duration > 4 then multiply ignite tick x 3
    if 4 > ignite duration > 2 then multiply ignite tick x 2
    if ignite duration < 2 then multiply it x1

Can anyone help with making that?

This is a fantastic resource for Weak Auras. I can't tell you how impressed if not overwhelmed I am at the effort and knowledge involved. I am a new user of Weak Auras and I'm learning as I go so thank you for your patience. I did not see my issue addressed in the thread but if I'm repeating a question I apologize.

I am looking for a Weak Aura that will simply display my current vengeance level, I'm filling the "off-tank" role, and the vengeance level of the "main tank." Output can be a simple bar or even just two numerical values on screen. It would be nice to see how much of the attack power is buffed by vengeance but really something as simple as posting both of our current attack powers would be just fine. I have the other tank set as my focus for almost every fight, this information may be helpful or it might not matter at all.

Thanks in advance for any help, it's much appreciated. I think I'm getting close to figuring this out but I've hit a wall.