Page 14 of 111 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

Quote Originally Posted by risu View Post
    Hope this is still checked, I'd like some help with this WeakAura

I have a Progress Bar in a Dynamic Group that Shows All Matches for Blood of Neltharion (for H-Spine). The bars properly appear and propagate, however the stack number does not work. I have Left Text as %n (and it shows name of the person it's on, good), Right Text as %s, but it does not show stacks. Any idea how to fix this? I'd like to be able to see who already has two stacks.
    I noticed a bit of extraneous options selected, but even still the progress bar you had worked for me in testing with a different buff. I removed the extraneous stuff and added it to a dynamic group and it still works, so if this doesn't work properly I can't say offhand what the issue is (be sure to change the buff in the trigger appropriately after testing. I also altered the load properties for testing as well.):

Spoiler

I went through all 14 pages of this thread and i couldn't find an answer to my question.
    Like say for a resto druid with NG up, i want to make an icon with a timer below it.
    I am unable to figure out how to put a timer below that icon like how power aura does it.
    Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhildir View Post
    I went through all 14 pages of this thread and i couldn't find an answer to my question.
    Like say for a resto druid with NG up, i want to make an icon with a timer below it.
    I am unable to figure out how to put a timer below that icon like how power aura does it.
    Please help.
    You might want to check out the actual WeakAuras authored pages, specifically the Tutorial, as this thread is generally for more advanced topics and questions. There's also an in-game tutorial popup from WeakAuras that should have a fair bit of information.

That said, the simplest explanation of what you're requesting is:

1. Create an icon
    2. Trigger > Aura: Set the aura to yourself and name it appropriately
    3. Display: Alter the text position to be "Bottom" and "Outside" and change it to %p (the text tooltip will tell you the string codes, but I believe %p is for "progress", which will show timeleft on the aura duration).

Thank you so much, found it and i learnt something new.
    Extremely educational thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunathorn View Post

One thing I would like to track on my moonkin, though, is when my current DOTs are Eclipse-buffed. I can make the triggers work for "IS on target" AND "Eclipse (Solar) buff on me" but when I leave the eclipsed state, the tracking stops even though the buffed DOTs continue until overwritten or it expires. How can I check for Eclipse only at application of a DOT and then leave the aura active until the DOT ends?
    think you may have skimmed over this. this would be AWESOME. so great. one other thing i'm wondering, i'm trying to manage my dots more effectively (moonkin), and i'm wondering if there's a realistic way to keep track of dots of say 3-5 mobs at a time (heroic warmaster). I have tidy plates, and maybe there's a way to let me know the dots are about to run out/they have run out. hope this makes sense im a bit hyper at the moment.

As far as Eclipsed DoTs go, I don't think it's possible to track them. Eclipse doesn't apply any sort of readable buff to the DoT (with the exception of morphing MF to SF in Solar). You can have WA tell you to apply specific DoTs while only in an Eclipse state, as Lunathorn mentions, but that's pretty redundant (you should be doing so anyway).

I've experimented with flashy auras that show when a DoT is not present on a mob, or about to expire, but they get rather spammy, especially in AOE situations when you tab-target around. I found that ultimately I wasn't even paying attention to those auras, so I removed them. If you want something like that though, then more power to you.

I generally recommend a nice DoT-timer addon. You can use NeedToKnow, or my personal favorite, DruidTimerBars. DTB is rather old and hasn't been updated in ages, but it's simplistic and to-the-point. For multi-DoT tracking I use ForteExorcist. It's an amazing, HIGHLY customizable addon. I have mine set to only show DoTs on units I'm not targetting.

I'm not in the game at the moment but either Deph or I, or perhaps Kull, might rig something up for you later today to set you in the right direction.

Hellu,

I was trying to import the DbM timer for Impale (DW hc) in my weakauras, following your guide on page three. The prob ist, that I'm a real boon and do not really know, what exactly to do. up to this I'm not a native speaker, which makes it really difficult sometimes ;-)

In the lua script there are several notes for the impale CD, and I really have no idea which one I have to copy and where to import.

So maybe, if the effort's not to big, you'd be so kind writing me a string, that I only have to import?

That would be awesome :-)

(If needed, I can post the lua)
    Last edited by Nery; 03-09-2012 at 08:07 AM.

@Tree

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid this thread had died. I found a lua snippet somewhere in this tread that allows me to show an icon 3 secs before a DOT ends to remind me to recast. I've been using this along with timer bars for DOT tracking. My uptime is pretty good but I have trouble recognizing whether I get a refresh at the eclipse transitions. It's as much for dummy training help as anything. The wrath travel-time mechanic vs instant SF can be confusing and I was hoping Weak Auras could help.

I thought there might be a way for WA to test ("moonfire DOT is applied to target" AND "caster is in Lunar Eclipse") and show a green check mark icon for example. The caster leaving the eclipsed state would not untrigger the check mark. Only untrigger/hide the check mark with ("moonfire DOT is applied to target" AND "caster is NOT in Lunar Eclipse") OR the "Moonfire DOT expires." I don't think WA would need to rely on the combat log to test the DOT for eclipse. It can read the status of the caster (I hope.)

Hello Kulldam,
    I spoke to you today 05/01/2012, in regards to create some Weak Aura's for Ravage(cat) and Ferocious Bite(cat). I am transposing some text from SimulationCraft in the hopes you might be able to help.

ravage,if=(buff.stampede_cat.up|buff.t13_4pc_melee .up)&(buff.stampede_cat.remains<=1|buff.t13_4pc_melee.remains<=1)
    ravage,if=(buff.stampede_cat.up|buff.t13_4pc_melee .up)&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains=0
    ferocious_bite,if=buff.combo_points.stack>=1&dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=2.1&target.health_pct<=60
    ferocious_bite,if=buff.combo_points.stack>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health_pct<=60
    ferocious_bite,if=buff.combo_points.stack>=5&dot.rip.remains>5.0&buff.savage_roar.remains>=3.0&buff.berserk.up
    ferocious_bite,if=(target.time_to_die<=4&buff.combo_points.stack>=5)|target.time_to_die<=1
    ferocious_bite,if=buff.combo_points.stack>=5&dot.rip.remains>=14.0&buff.savage_roar.remains>=10.0

Again these are ripped directly from SimulatonCraft and not mine. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Hello Kulldam,
    I spoke to you today 05/01/2012, in regards to create some Weak Aura's for Ravage(cat) and Ferocious Bite(cat). I am transposing some text from SimulationCraft in the hopes you might be able to help.

ravage,if=(buff.stampede_cat.up|buff.t13_4pc_melee .up)&(buff.stampede_cat.remains<=1|buff.t13_4pc_melee.remains<=1)
    ravage,if=(buff.stampede_cat.up|buff.t13_4pc_melee .up)&cooldown.tigers_fury.remains=0
    ferocious_bite,if=buff.combo_points.stack>=1&dot.rip.ticking&dot.rip.remains<=2.1&target.health_pct<=60
    ferocious_bite,if=buff.combo_points.stack>=5&dot.rip.ticking&target.health_pct<=60
    ferocious_bite,if=buff.combo_points.stack>=5&dot.rip.remains>5.0&buff.savage_roar.remains>=3.0&buff.berserk.up
    ferocious_bite,if=(target.time_to_die<=4&buff.combo_points.stack>=5)|target.time_to_die<=1
    ferocious_bite,if=buff.combo_points.stack>=5&dot.rip.remains>=14.0&buff.savage_roar.remains>=10.0

Again these are ripped directly from SimulatonCraft and not mine. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Heh, while I can deduce from the code there all the IFs, ELSEs, and general conditions that SimCraft is using, why don't you first take a step back and precisely consider what you're trying to accomplish with these Ravage & FB icons? It's not just a matter of copying SimCraft's logic because the code of SimCraft runs off of ordered conditions, so in the above snippet, it's really just saying it will use Ferocious Bite within the simulation when any of those five combinations of conditions are met, in top-down order. That's good and necessary for a simulation, but in-game I really don't think you need all these conditions to play properly, as frankly your brain will cover a lot of it.

That said, if you really want to identically copy the SimCraft logic into WeakAuras, I'll try to get you on the right step since this is a tutorial thread, and see if you can extrapolate on it from there to suit your needs.

Going to use FB for this example, since it's more interesting than Ravage (Ravage you should really just use anytime it's up, it's one of the best DPE abilities you have, especially with the 4pc bonus, so make an icon that shows when it's usable and hit it). Anyway below is my own Ferocious Bite icon that really only does one thing: Checks if a target is below 60% health, and if Rip has >= 2 seconds remaining (and if I'm in Cat Form, but that's irrelevant to the discussion really).

Spoiler

So, using that as a baseline, let's duplicate one of the logic condition sets from SimCraft:

1. First thing is to add a check for Combo points (Type > Status) >=1.
    2. We already have a check for Rip on the target, but we should change the time remaining check from >= 2 to <= 2.1.
    3. The health check can remain the same of course.

Done! You've now got the exact same logic in your FB icon as the highest priority FB usage condition in SimCraft. Now if you want to continue down the list, the best thing to do is to make a second FB icon and import the same template again (or copy your existing one if you prefer).

I'll assume you imported my icon again for changes, but the process is the same, just match the above:
    1. Add combo point check for 5.
    2. Uncheck "remaining time" for the Rip Aura trigger since you don't care how much time is left, you just want to make sure it's active.
    3. Percentage health remains the same again. Done.

Basically each condition set from SimCraft should be it's own FB icon. I would organize them into a Group in WeakAuras so you can easily modify their size and look in unison and then place them all in the same spot in your UI. Thus, because they are each unique conditions, and appear as the same icon and the same place, you'll simply have your FB icon appear when a condition is met and appropriate to use. I would also mention that WeakAuras doesn't have any built-in "time to die" function or library so you aren't really going to be able to duplicate those lines, but it's irrelevant anyway cause we're talking the last few seconds of a mob's health at best.

The key thing to stress is that while you can go through and copy each line of logic from SimCraft, keep in mind these are different tools and aren't meant to perform identical roles. As I mentioned above, SimCraft is of course a simulation, so it makes a very precise, ordered list of actions that can be performed and then goes down the list and fires off the best one that it finds that has conditions properly met, which in turn produces the best theoretical DPS in that model. However, that doesn't work so well in-game with something like WeakAuras, because unless you specifically design a very complicated icon or series of icons, one WeakAuras icon/trigger does not have any impact or bearing on the actions of another. Therefore, using the above Ravage and FB examples, while SimCraft states Ravage is always higher priority to use under those condition sets than FB, WeakAuras is going to show both icons at the same time if if finds appropriate conditions occurring simultaneously, and it is up to you as the user to distinguish the priority.

Again, I think it's water under the bridge for simple abilities like Ravage and doesn't need to be so complicated, but just something to keep in mind.

Hope that helps!