Page 12 of 111 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

Hey again Kulldam,

I was wondering if you could help me with a custom text countdown timer.

Spoiler

Its a triggered DBM prewarning for Sulfuras smash. I was just curious if you could use the %c text alert (on the display tab) string to make a 3, 2, 1 countdown.

Hey Kulldam.
    I just changed to Weakauras from Power Auras but i wonder if itīs possible to setup a trigger in Weakauras which shows me a icon when i get targeted for Leaping Flames on Majordomo Staghelm, and if posible without the use of focus target.

Quote Originally Posted by HolycritSuramar View Post
    Hey again Kulldam,

I was wondering if you could help me with a custom text countdown timer.

Its a triggered DBM prewarning for Sulfuras smash. I was just curious if you could use the %c text alert (on the display tab) string to make a 3, 2, 1 countdown.
    Yeah, try the following modified version: http://pastebin.com/iWnfKNyQ

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Hey Kulldam.
    I just changed to Weakauras from Power Auras but i wonder if itīs possible to setup a trigger in Weakauras which shows me a icon when i get targeted for Leaping Flames on Majordomo Staghelm, and if posible without the use of focus target.
    Unfortunately Leaping Flames is one of those abilities that doesn't have a target when it is used, as seen in the combat log:

Code:
    8/29 20:32:40.905  SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS,0xF130CD5B00002D58,"Majordomo Staghelm",0x10a48,0x0,0x0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,0x80000000,98476,"Leaping Flames",0x1
    Instead, Domo activates the "stance" of sorts then engages random target agro to actually jump onto someone. Therefore, the only way to determine the target of such abilities is to "cheat" by scanning the target of the boss moments after the ability.

I haven't tested this in raid from the boss#target selection code, but it works by using myself as a psuedo-boss to check target.

Boss Target Event Skeleton

Import: http://pastebin.com/nawikqxp

Configuration is similar to other custom displays in this thread and requires a unique ID string (such as "leapingflame") plus a few additional options:

-- id: Unique identifier to distinguish between other timers.
    local id = "leapingflame"

-- checkAfterTime: Time (in seconds) after a valid event in which to check the boss target(s) for matching player.
    config.checkAfterTime = 0.3;

-- duration: Time (in seconds) that the display should remain active before hiding.
    config.duration = 1.5;

-- eventTypes: Comma-delimited list of valid Event Strings used in the COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED API.

config.eventTypes = {"SPELL_CAST_START"};

-- spellIds: Comma-delimated list of valid spell IDs used to trigger the display

config.spellIds = {98476};

Most of the options should be self-explanatory, but the primary option to tweak will be the checkAfterTime option, which basically determines how long after the spell event occurs to actually check the boss target. Since this number is pure estimation, you'll need to test it out in-game and adjust it as necessary for each appropriate ability, based on how quickly the boss targets players after the spell cast in question. Obviously the smaller the number that actually produces consistent results is ideal, as this causes the display to trigger as quickly after the event occurrence as possible.

The default values are for Leaping Flames due to your request, but this skeleton should work for any variety of spells and combat_log_event string types as necessary. Please let me know if it works or not.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 09-07-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Hello. Thank you for this huge amount of information. I've been trying to make a tracker for the number of raid members with "Ember Flare" debuff so I can monitor better when at least my tank and two healers have gone up. My raid frames suck and this seems like a good way to monitor them. Does any one have a set up for something like this?
    Last edited by Avryel; 09-07-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Anyone got any good Ragnaros auras to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Avryel View Post
    Hello. Thank you for this huge amount of information. I've been trying to make a tracker for the number of raid members with "Ember Flare" debuff so I can monitor better when at least my tank and two healers have gone up. My raid frames suck and this seems like a good way to monitor them. Does any one have a set up for something like this?
    Unfortunately there's really no simple way to accomplish this, primarily because Ember Flare is actually just a pulsing AE effect and not an actual buff/debuff. Therefore, the only way to determine that a player is up top on the web is to monitor the combat log and track the players that get hit by each Ember Flare cast, but that presents a lot of technical problems: How to properly set up a trigger, how to display the information easily, etc.

You could technically use a Custom Event Skeleton for this purpose, but the problem is it isn't designed for this sort of purpose (primarily, it can't give feedback on the names of the targets being affected by the triggering combat log event). You'd have to create a unique Custom Event Skeleton Group import for each possible player that would go up top on the web, and set the Config > Trigger to be Ember Flare and the target player to the appropriate information. Then of course configure the Display as appropriate, such as the name of the individual, but again this seems like overkill and a lot of work for the little benefit.

In the future perhaps I can look into modifying the Custom Event Skeleton (or a similar type of display) to provide feedback on the units affected by the triggering effect, but for now I don't see an easy solution, and just suggest your raid better communicate when they go up or down during the fight.

Hi Kulldam,

Your Custom Event Skeleton gave me the idea to set it up for Molten Seed (When to move on Ragnaros Heroic)
    So I did some basics, but it seems i cannot have the UNIT_SPELL_CAST_SUCCEEDED event?

Is this a shortcoming of Weak Aura's?
    This is what I came up with:

Spoiler

I still need to rework the timers. Problem is it probably won't trigger this way.
    Any suggestions? (or would it mean some custom lua coding in the trigger?)

thanks

Wrawrr

Default Time Since Activation

There is one thing holding me back from WeakAuras atm. Iīm missing a "Time Since Activation" function aka "Alive time" the timer would in this case show the time from the moment the aura was applied. Anyone knows how to achieve that? In Powa itīs a very easy "check" option.

Allowed Visitor

Hi all, thanks again for all the awesome Auras in this thread.

I have a request (since I can not figure out how to do this), if anyone has anything similar or can quickly think of how to do this.

I would like an aura to pop up whenever my spell haste reaches and/or goes above a certain level (30.02% to be exact).

I've done endless Google searches for Auras using player stats and have found nothing of any use ... and I knew this would be the place to ask.
    Suedama - 90 Shadow Priestess
    <Natural Progression> - Thrall