Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1109

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

  1. #101

    Default

    1. Was wondering if you have any nice auras set up for Ragnaros heroic. things like Sulfuras Smash , time until next wrath or hand (whichever comes first) to know when best to detonate traps, World in Flames / Engulfing Flame , Blazing Heat , Combustible on meteors, Combustion stacks on players, being chased by meteor, meteor landing on or near you...

    2. Also was wondering if Kulldam can post his aura set, just the whole thing, with the custom sounds and all. Sort of an "as is" collection, that can learn from / adopt some nice things.

    p,s very nice work here, keep it up

  2. #102

    Default

    I set up some Baleroc bars to show who has tormented and duration remaining. I was curious if there's any way (with LUA maybe) to class color the bars instead of have them all the same color, so it's easier to recognize. Some of the import strings from this thread have been super helpful thanks

  3. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gomash View Post
    1. Was wondering if you have any nice auras set up for Ragnaros heroic. things like Sulfuras Smash , time until next wrath or hand (whichever comes first) to know when best to detonate traps, World in Flames / Engulfing Flame , Blazing Heat , Combustible on meteors, Combustion stacks on players, being chased by meteor, meteor landing on or near you...

    2. Also was wondering if Kulldam can post his aura set, just the whole thing, with the custom sounds and all. Sort of an "as is" collection, that can learn from / adopt some nice things.

    p,s very nice work here, keep it up
    Afraid we don't have any setups for Heroic Rag as we're still working on a few other heroic fights, but we'll certainly post any we come up with when the time comes.

    As for a "dump" of my settings, since there would just be a huge number of export strings to import each display individually, I'll just have to give you my WeakAuras.lua saved var file: http://www.voximmortalis.com/files/WeakAuras.lua

    DO NOT overwrite your own WeakAuras.lua -- in fact I'd create a backup of your own WeakAuras.lua before messing around just to be safe (WoWFolder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables\ WeakAuras.lua). If you want to "import" my settings, copy everything within the ["displays"] = {} brackets in that file and paste it after your own ["displays"] data. The basic structure of lua tables as seen in the WeakAuras.lua is key = value, which in the case of "Displays" show as something like this simplified example:

    Code:
    ["displays"] = {
        ["Display 1"] = {
            ["setting1"] = true,
            ["setting2"] = true,
            ["setting3"] = false,
        },
        ["Display 2"] = {
            ["setting1"] = true,
            ["setting2"] = true,
            ["setting3"] = false,
        },
        ["Display 3"] = {
            ["setting1"] = true,
            ["setting2"] = true,
            ["setting3"] = false,
        },
    },
    So copying that entire Display from the ["key"] = { to the final }, closing bracket and comma will add that display to your own setup -- just be sure to paste it within the opening and closing brackets of your ["displays"] table, and after the rest of your display data. Again, you can easily dump everything into your own settings with this method, but note that these tables do not have "children" relationships, therefore any WeakAura display that has children (is a group) will not function properly unless you also import the separate children. Anyway, hope that's enough to get you going.

    Quote Originally Posted by risu View Post
    I set up some Baleroc bars to show who has tormented and duration remaining. I was curious if there's any way (with LUA maybe) to class color the bars instead of have them all the same color, so it's easier to recognize. Some of the import strings from this thread have been super helpful thanks
    Unfortunately there is no current method to customize many display settings in WeakAuras, such as font color, font size, background color, alpha channels, etc. That said, such features would prove pretty useful and if you like the idea enough, I suggest creating a ticket over on the WeakAuras dev site as a possible "Enhancement" and maybe they'll add it in a future build.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 08-17-2011 at 01:23 AM.

  4. #104
    VI Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brokelahoma :(
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Kull,

    As I asked you earlier, can you see if you can help out with a WA for Unholy DK much like the Ret set up above?

  5. #105

    Default

    Do you think you could modify the Deadly Boss Mods Timer Trigger to work with Bigwigs instead? since Bigwigs seems more up-to-date right now, at least in regards to Fireland heroic modes.

  6. #106

    Default

    Got another question for WA. Basically I want to creat a display for an external cooldown or buff like innvervate and it's supposed to show me

    - the spell icon
    - buff duration left
    - player name, who gave me the buff

    The first 2 options are easily handled via an icon display, for the later I tried to add a text display and I guess it could be done via the option %c and a custom lua function. Guess what, that's where I'm stuck at... Any help appreciated.

    If you would solve this idea in a different way, I'm all ears


    Thx again, Tsoo

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gomash View Post
    Do you think you could modify the Deadly Boss Mods Timer Trigger to work with Bigwigs instead? since Bigwigs seems more up-to-date right now, at least in regards to Fireland heroic modes.
    I can't make any promises but I'll look into it and see if it's possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsoo View Post
    Got another question for WA. Basically I want to creat a display for an external cooldown or buff like innvervate and it's supposed to show me

    - the spell icon
    - buff duration left
    - player name, who gave me the buff

    The first 2 options are easily handled via an icon display, for the later I tried to add a text display and I guess it could be done via the option %c and a custom lua function. Guess what, that's where I'm stuck at... Any help appreciated.

    If you would solve this idea in a different way, I'm all ears


    Thx again, Tsoo
    Assuming you are just creating one icon display for one unique known buff, such as Innervate, then you should be able to use the following custom LUA function to return the caster's name:

    Code:
    return UnitName(select(8, UnitAura("player", "Innervate")))
    I can't remember offhand if custom text fields in WA require a function wrapper (I don't think they do), but if the above gives you a red error message, try this version wrapped in a fuction:

    Code:
    function()
        return UnitName(select(8, UnitAura("player", "Innervate")))
    end

  8. #108

    Default

    Is there a way to do this:
    when a specific dbm (or bigwigs) timer ends, show a progress bar for the following 10 seconds , and play a sound file after say 7 seconds?
    for example if the dbm timer says next ability is in 30 seconds, then in 37 seconds to play the sound file, and have a progress bar pop up in 30 second (just as that timer ends) for a duration of 10 seconds.

    Unrelated but the more i get into boss mods and WA, the more I see how much a better design could work. An addon like WA can 'specialize' in the displaying of events while a separate addon or library can be used to only track boss specific events and mechanics.
    The idea is to separate the display from the information. One addon just gathers information on "what is happening" and passes on messages/events to another addon that is capable of reading these events, and has many options on how to display it, including adding in some more "logic" to it. A good example of this is the Baleroc healing assignments auras linked in this thread, or a cooldown rotation assignment. Atm WA can "spy" a bit on DBM, but can't take all the data that DBM "knows" and easily add it into WA.

  9. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gomash View Post
    Is there a way to do this:
    when a specific dbm (or bigwigs) timer ends, show a progress bar for the following 10 seconds , and play a sound file after say 7 seconds?
    for example if the dbm timer says next ability is in 30 seconds, then in 37 seconds to play the sound file, and have a progress bar pop up in 30 second (just as that timer ends) for a duration of 10 seconds.
    Does it have to be specifically related to a DBM timer, or is there an underlying COMBAT_LOG_EVENT that the DBM timer is simply working off of? If the former, then unfortunately none of the triggers in this thread can perform the task, but if the later and the DBM timer expiring is really just occurring based on a combat event, you could utilize a few modified Custom Event Triggers to achieve this effect.

    You'll need two Custom Event Trigger groups to achieve this: One for the bar display and one for the sound event since the sound occurs midway through the bar duration.

    You can follow the setup instructions on the post, but the basic config settings you want are as follows:

    Progress Bar

    Code:
    config.time = 0;
    config.checkTimeElapsed = true;    
    config.duration = 10;
    config.frequency = 1;
    config.ignoreCount = 0;
    config.cooldown = 40;
    Sound Event

    Code:
    config.time = 0;
    config.checkTimeElapsed = true;    
    config.duration = 7;
    config.frequency = 1;
    config.ignoreCount = 0;
    config.cooldown = 40;
    The trigger for both these will of course need to be set to the proper combat log event you're tracking and all that, and since you aren't using a display for the Sound CE Skeleton, just hide the actual display bar and such, and set the sound you want under CE Display > Actions > On Show.

    Quote Originally Posted by gomash View Post
    Unrelated but the more i get into boss mods and WA, the more I see how much a better design could work. An addon like WA can 'specialize' in the displaying of events while a separate addon or library can be used to only track boss specific events and mechanics.
    The idea is to separate the display from the information. One addon just gathers information on "what is happening" and passes on messages/events to another addon that is capable of reading these events, and has many options on how to display it, including adding in some more "logic" to it. A good example of this is the Baleroc healing assignments auras linked in this thread, or a cooldown rotation assignment. Atm WA can "spy" a bit on DBM, but can't take all the data that DBM "knows" and easily add it into WA.
    A very astute point, and in many ways WeakAuras has become the "View" module of an MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture for many of the triggers I use these days, handling the actual display while the underlying custom code manages the triggering and events. This is primarily because WeakAuras has such a great interface for easily moving/sizing/altering actual display components.

    That said, while I agree that a pair of focused addons separating the events/data from the display would be useful, I think the real reason there isn't such a thing yet is because creating a proper interface seems like an extremely overwhelming task -- certainly something beyond someone like myself. WeakAuras is the closest thing I've found to such a system and why I love using it so much, but yes obviously a addon system more designed for these strange custom triggers would be better suited to the task, but creating a easily usable system seems pretty challenging to me.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 08-31-2011 at 04:18 AM.

  10. #110

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •