Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1109

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Krazyito View Post
    I had someone answer me in a youtube comment: https://plus.google.com/+LeonSolisIII/posts/cqvvw2xiJbv

If you want to follow it. Think he may have misunderstood what I asked, or I misunderstood what he said.
    Dunno if that's what the guy meant, but at least it lead me to the right idea...
    function(...) in the custom text and the varargs contain everything I need. I think Kull even made an aura with that many many pages back and I completely forgot >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsda View Post
    Dunno if that's what the guy meant, but at least it lead me to the right idea...
    function(...) in the custom text and the varargs contain everything I need. I think Kull even made an aura with that many many pages back and I completely forgot >.<
    Holy crap. That is perfect.

Hah, you don't even need function(...). I can just return "%%s - %%p"

I owe you one. I hope I can return the favor some day.

Thank you very much, as always.

Welp, next problem is that i cant do tonumber on anything. It just gives me nil

interesting that you can just use %%s
    try print(...) and see if there is anything in there?
    i got everything i wanted in the group trigger i used: timestamp, totaltime, remaining time, name and icon (so basically everything that isn't %c)
    did you use the tonumber on %%s? try using it on (select(X, ...))?

interesting that you can just use %%s
    try print(...) and see if there is anything in there?
    i got everything i wanted in the group trigger i used: timestamp, totaltime, remaining time, name and icon (so basically everything that isn't %c)
    did you use the tonumber on %%s? try using it on (select(X, ...))?

I got something a little different:

But it seems to work now
    Code:
    local num = select(7, ...)
    num = tonumber(num)

Ty

That's exactly what I got. It's just all arguments in order and those are exactly the ones WA needs for %p, %n etc

Alright new thing. I'm making a weak aura to (attempt) to tell you the amount of damage your RAID will do with the ring (I realize this might be a bit too intensive and maybe lag, or not be as accurate cause of the upgrades, but I'm doing it anyway) (and for some reason the person who requested this wants it to show damage BEFORE it pops, when I know its probably much easier to just add all the damage after it explodes)

The different ring upgrades aside, I think that is the least doable thing but I'll do it last after I figure this one thing out.

Basically, I need a way to find out who a CREATURE (player owned, but not controlled unit) belongs to. Examples are Boomkin 2pc dragons, or Blademaster Trinket. Pretty much anything that doesn't have a pet bar, is summoned by the player but does its own thing and adds damage to that player. I'm using the event COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED to try to do this, and i was able to work around pets with sourceGUID == UnitGUID(raider.."pet"), with raider being the unit id of a player im cycling through in the raid.

Once i figure out how who the creatures owners are, then it should be 'almost' accurate (at the very least show minimum damage)

edit: i figured out that I can store the creatures owner with the SPELL_SUMMON event. Only problem for me is I didnt really want to save a table that big and have units in there I'm not using, (since theres no real 'despawn' event) I bit the bullet and decided that the extra space was the cost of trying to be more accurate. I don't really like this whole aura at all, cause it would be way more accurate and efficient it just added any actual ring damage that was done, but I kinda did it as a side project to play with the wow api. Pretty good exercise.
    Last edited by Krazyito; 08-01-2015 at 01:08 PM.

I can't think of a better way than storing GUIDs either... could maybe save a timestamp for those summons since their last action and periodically clear the table. this way it won't grow out of control and should not require many more cpu cycles (than it already needs ;P)
    weird request really, but at least kinda interesting programming wise

I'm clearing the table every time the ring explodes anyway, but for the extra pets inbetween the 2m that has nothing to do with the next ring, its just gonna sit there and probably make it way too big =/. I suppose I could clear it once more if the CD is 10s or more, and just hold the last 10s of summons.

Here is what I ended up doing anyway: http://pastebin.com/cpzA1f2M

Note - Thats only the raw code, not the string of the aura. The aura is so inefficient in my eyes, that I dont want newer people stumbling upon this and using it, on top of it not being accurate right now. If you know how to code custom things and want to have an aura, I'm sure you could figure out what to put in the other places thats not the trigger. (btw: make sure to multiply the amount of damage you do by 25% before displaying it)
    Last edited by Krazyito; 08-01-2015 at 08:17 PM.