Thread: Lightwell: a Brief Lesson

Thumbs up Lightwell: a Brief Lesson

As you all know by now, I am holy spec and I use lightwell. And I take that pretty damn seriously. =P

Lightwell is regarded as the most efficient, and infact, most AWESOME healing spell in the game at present by the healing community at large. Yes, it is the "best" healing spell across all heal classes and specs. It has (and always has had) a large glaring flaw: it requires non-healers to click.

I want to give some details about it to y'all non-priest people so you know the benefits of this spell, and why it's important to use, and more to the point, use it properly.

• Lightwell Renew is the buff gained by clicking the well, and it lasts for 6 seconds.
    • Clicking the well again with the buff on you DOES NOTHING. Don't spam click it, it's a waste of your time.
    • This is NOT for tanks, unless they are not currently taking damage. "attacks done to you equal to 30% of your total health will cancel the effect"
    • The well has 15 charges, because I have glyphed for it.
    • The well does not cause a GCD
    • The well can be clicked from 20 yards
    • The well does not require a target change
    • The well can be clicked while stunned, casting, channeling, jerking off, or riding a pony.

I will be tracking use of this buff via grid to see how it's going. Most fights it can be used twice, and it heals for A LOT*

<3 Bunny

*technical mathematical amount
    正直

What we do for ourselves dies with us.
    What we do for others and the world remains, and is immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    The well can be clicked while stunned, casting, channeling, jerking off, or riding a pony.
    Thanks for the post Bunny. Thank goodness it can be used while jerking off. I was worried.

So since I keep talking about the lightwell "macro" I guess I'll post it.

Step 1) Write a macro that says:
    /tar Lightwell

If you want to get uber sexy you can go with something like:

/tar Lightwell
    /use Healthstone
    /s Where is my pony?

Step 2) Go into you Key Binding interface in the WoW menu. Scroll down until you see "Interact with Target" and bind that to something that is easily pressed

Step 3) Press your macro to target the light well, then press your interact with target button.

For example I have 4 as my interact with target button, and then shift + 4 to target the lightwell. So I would press shift+4, then press 4 and viola! I am not a douce canoe because I am buffed with lightwell renew.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainhighwind View Post
    So since I keep talking about the lightwell "macro" I guess I'll post it.

Step 1) Write a macro that says:
    /tar Lightwell

If you want to get uber sexy you can go with something like:

/tar Lightwell
    /use Healthstone
    /s Where is my pony?

Step 2) Go into you Key Binding interface in the WoW menu. Scroll down until you see "Interact with Target" and bind that to something that is easily pressed

Step 3) Press your macro to target the light well, then press your interact with target button.

For example I have 4 as my interact with target button, and then shift + 4 to target the lightwell. So I would press shift+4, then press 4 and viola! I am not a douce canoe because I am buffed with lightwell renew.
    Thanks Kain!

Thanks Kain; it's also probably worth adding a third macro for DPS/tank types that care to swap back to your previous target.
    Code:
    /targetlasttarget
    OR
    Code:
    /targetlastenemy