Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bastion of Twilight Strategy Notepad

Quote Originally Posted by Kulldam View Post
    As for our release method, we absolutely have no choice but to immediately release the Whelps, Nether Scion, and Storm Rider. Nether Scion seems required based on our limited testing without it per Halfus' super high DPS.
    I am just going to reiterate what you are saying here. Releasing the Nether Scion will heavily reduce the amount of damage Halfus himself does. Once freed it reduces his damage dealt, chance to hit and attack speed by 25% (thus lowering the rate of MS stacking) so yes I agree these 3 are a must.

This leaves us with only the Slate Dragon and Time Warden.
    Well now having read your entire post; if we are going to have Bauser tank I am all for releasing Storm, Nether, Whelps, and TW. I think the only challenge we have in this area now is to figure out which of us should tank what. If I am understanding you correctly it sounds like you want Bauser on the Halfus pull, you at the Whelp Cage, and myself getting either 2 or 3 drakes? On the topic of the Slate dragon, I honestly don't think he's going to even need to be activated. By the time we have killed off all that we've already released, I have a strong feeling Halfus will have a huge dent knocked in him, and after the madness of the first 3.5 minutes having only Halfus up will seem like a walk in the park. Just seems by that late in the game we've made it this far without that random stun. Also, this would allow one of the tanks to switch to more dps oriented role for the remainder of the fight. This is just me thinking out loud. Anyone please feel free to interject if you have differing thoughts.

Kilwenn should be fully capable of dropping his own threat with both Invis and Mirror Images I believe, so unless you truly lose nothing beneficial to tanking, I wouldn't suggest speccing for HoP.
    Well what I lose are my big self-healing capabilities, to an extent. However your entire approach for round 2 of VI vs. Heroic Halfarse alters my train of thought somewhat. So if anything I might still change from a WoG build to an ae build minus the HoP change. Reason I don't feel WoG build is good here is really ironic. All throughout our progression fights I have leaned hard on WoG. But in this encounter I am fighting for threat so badly that using WoG hurts my starting out threat a pretty good bit. I normally only switch to Seal of Insight after I have a substantial threat lead as currently Seal of Truth is about 1/6th of all my tps, maybe more! But with 3 tanks I should be able to get into Seal of Insight/WoG'ing around the same points that I would on any other fights where the damage is pretty steep.

Kull's very spot on, self responsibility tangent.
    I will be the first to say that it can be quite easy to "wait" on Kull to give an order. Having someone that is such a capable leader...is a crutch? But in all seriousness this section of your post has made me reflect on what I am doing in the raid and what my UI is/isn't informing me of. Having done this, I really feel the need to sit down this weekend and look over my UI, and see if there is anything more I can do. I am also going to use this time in conjunction with your Weak Auras (a mod I already use just no where near the extent that you have detailed) post so that I can maybe get more info at my fingertips. I feel my preparedness for all raids is at a pretty high level but I also realise there is always room for improvement. My last point on this is; I am very thrilled that we have a leader who isn't afraid to ask us to step up to the plate. We blow through the normal raids and he says "let's raise the bar." I know a lot of you have known Kull a lot longer than I have, but I can tell you I truly appreciate this. If we never settle then we'll only get better.

Kilwenn should be fully capable of dropping his own threat with both Invis and Mirror Images I believe, so unless you truly lose nothing beneficial to tanking, I wouldn't suggest speccing for HoP.
    I can pop Mirror Images during the burn phase on whelps and then Invis at the end if needed. I would still like DPS to wait another 5-10 seconds to engage whelps though. We aren't in any real danger of hitting the enrage timer and the extra time would let the tanks get settled with their respective assignments. So, maybe 25-30 seconds after pull, DPS goes nuts.

I noticed that I was getting Drake agro at times just from AE splash damage, however this may not be as much of an issue with Bauser tanking Halfus. One less mob to deal with.

I also like the idea of ranged/healers spreading out. I usually ended up moving out of the group anyway because I couldn't see incoming fireballs from the Proto-drake.

Great write-up Kull. Looks like a winning strategy to me.

Just to contribute my 2 cents to the tanking setup I'm actually thinking Bauser would be the go to Whelp tank. In blood spec, a DK tank has 3 things going for them with regards to AoE tanking. Firstly, they have DnD which can be dropped preemptively to get snap aggro. Secondly, between blood boil and their disease spreading they can easily put both a 20% reduced physical damage AND a 20% reduced attack speed debuff on multiple targets. Thirdly, the way their self healing works it is my understanding that it is more effective to have a smooth damage intake rather than a spiking damage intake, since the damage window for the Death Strike heal is only 5 secs. If Bauser were to dodge/parry all attacks in that 5 second window from a single boss his effective healing caps at some percentage of his max health, where as if he were tanking multiple whelps the odds that he will take zero damage during that 5 second window is very very low.

I hear things.

I hear that Enh Shamans can rock the stun reduce meta gem to interrupt Furious Roar.

VI Officer - Forum Admin Khrash's Avatar

There are no glyphs or meta gems to lower the cast time of Wind Sheer that I am aware of.

It's to get out of the stun faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikrum View Post
    It's to get out of the stun faster.
    OHHHHH! Gotcha!
    Powerful Shadowspirit Diamond
    ---
    Steam Name: Demonikhan
    Charter Member, Retired Officer, retired February 2011 and still loving you all.
    Khrash Army
    Khrashdin 85 Tauren Paladin, 525/525 Enchanter/Alchemist | Khrash 85 Tauren Hunter, 525/525 Miner/Engineer
    Khrashaman 85 Tauren Shaman, 525/525 Miner/Blacksmith | Khrashback 85 Goblin Rogue, 525/525 Skinner/Leatherworker
    Khrashfury 85 Tauren Warrior, 525/525 Tailor/Jewelcrafter | Khrashknight 85 Tauren Death Knight, 525/525 Herbalist/Inscriptionist

Quote Originally Posted by Khrash View Post
    There are no glyphs or meta gems to lower the cast time of Wind Sheer that I am aware of.
    wind shear is instant with no gcd >.>
    正直

What we do for ourselves dies with us.
    What we do for others and the world remains, and is immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    wind shear is instant with no gcd >.>
    Poor language on my part. I meant lower cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikrum View Post
    I hear things.

I hear that Enh Shamans can rock the stun reduce meta gem to interrupt Furious Roar.
    Pretty hot, though I wonder if a tank should use it instead since 81 sta and 2 blue requirement isn't as severe a loss as it would be for a DPS.

Either way, good find, we'll try it out!