Thread: Cata UI Sharing!!!

Default Cata UI Sharing!!!

So a few weeks before Cata launch I dumped my entire old addons folder in preparation for a fresh start with the new expansion.

I do this because I think it's good to play with the stock UI sometimes, and because things are in such turmoil around launches that it's hard to keep maintaining the addons effectively.

I haven't completed mine yet, but I need to get er done before the raid.

Have any cool layouts going on now? Any new must have mods? Share plz.

Side note, do any of you use snowfall keypress?
    正直

What we do for ourselves dies with us.
    What we do for others and the world remains, and is immortal.

Probably depends on what you're used to, but I've always found a layout that pushes the most used information toward the bottom center with the lesser used items toward the bottom sides to be very slick and usable. Attached is an example of my UI layout:

WoWScrnShot_121610_160307.jpg

The main addons I use are:

• Pitbull4 - My main Unit frames, most of which aren't visible in this picture, but extend out in a line to the right from my frame (visible), to my target, target of target, target of target's target, focus, and target of focus. Important debuffs on target appear above the frame, and buffs to the side.
    • Elkano's Buff Bars - Along the right, above the black area, are my buffs. I have 3 columns, from right to left, of buffs, auras, and debuffs. The real important one is separating the debuffs from the rest, since obviously that's generally the one in raids to watch for, so this setup works well for me.
    • Quartz - Shows cast bars underneath all the relevant Unit Frames for self, target, and focus. While Pitbull4 can do these, I've always preferred the look of Quartz, but same principle.
    • CT_ViewPort - The main black box is created by this simple mod which I find extremely useful to "quarantine" play space from UI space. It also "recenters" your central focus point within the viewable window, so you don't lose 'hidden' playspace behind the UI areas.
    • Grid - Obviously that's a focus item, so it goes below my target frame area and above my buttons. If in a raid, it would extend to the left and downward, in two rows of 5 players. (Also Clique for use with Grid and Pitbull frames)
    • Dominos - Always used this for my buttons, but Bartender or whatever would suffice. I use a LOT of macros to ensure I make the most out of screenspace with hotkeys.
    • SexyMap - Strongly suggest an addon like this to simply move (if not reshape) your minimap. The default top-right location is extremely far away from your primary view area for other UI elements, so moving it really helps when you need bearings quickly.
    • Recount - Right of the minimap, pretty obvious. Contains a threat module as well to serve double-duty.
    • Mik's Scrolling Battle Text - Not visible in this shot, but in the black space to the right of Recount I have Mik's setup to show 3 columns of data in a slow scroll: Damage In, Damage Out, and Heals. I see many UIs with this sort of information HUGE and right in the center of the screen, which is 99% of the time useless and clutter that gets ignored. Moving it small and out of the way allows me access to that info quickly without being overwhelming.
    • Extra Buttons - Also unseen, at the bottom right is a set of hidden hotkeys that show when moused-over, for uncommon things like food, consumables, warnings, etc.
    • Prat - Bottom left is my chat boxes, and Prat is a nice chat addon that does a ton of stuff, most of it unnecessary really, but has some handy features.
    • Titan Panel + Modules - One of the best suggestions to anyone building a new addon is to remove clutter, and nothing does that better than a LDB or panel addon. FuBar has been discontinued, and Titan Panel is still active so I've been using that and it is pretty great. I use mine for things like: Performance, Bag Space, coordinates, income, durability, ItemRack toolbar, raid buff checker, volume controls, and time/date. Really any sort of non-combat stuff that is utilitarian is great for a Titan Panel module.
    • PowerAuras & WeakAuras - I've used PowerAuras for years and just recently found its far more powerful big brother, WeakAuras, but essentially they do the same sort of stuff: Allow custom warnings and indicators to be created for particular buffs/debuffs or combat log events. Not seen here obviously, but highly recommended for any raider.
    • BugSack & BugGrabber - Lastly, something I think really anyone should have, a simple addon that prevents unexpected UI errors from popping up a bit box and ruining your day. A simple sound indicates errors and you can access the BugSack and view them at your convenience.

That's about all the important stuff, do with it what you will!

thanks kull looks good! we use a lot of the same addons, im surprised you use sexy map though, ive always found it to be a bit of a memoryhog / eyesore xD i use chinchilla or simple minimap generally for moving and streamlining the map. here is a shot of what my UI looked like before i killed it... well mostly. tragically my most recent screenshot of my ui was when my priest killed LK for the first time. lol o.oi.ve been quite lacking in the ss department this year. it's ok though because it shows the most important part, my unit frames, which are of course, life! <3 the target would mirror the unit frame of course, and tot between them.

http://i51.tinypic.com/10cixih.jpg

i think i might stick with this UF layout for cata, i still like it. i want to make them look different this time though
    正直

Does anyone know if it's possible to show a raid group in Grid w/o actually being in a raid group? I hate having to bother people so that I can see what the size of my raid frames should be.

Also Kull...Where do you position your dbm bars and what not?

you can show a single frame if solo (your own frame) but there is no "dummy" config setting for grid afaik.

queueing for a battleground will give you raid frames though. i used to work on my UI in AV =P
    正直

I did the same thing as bunny just joining AV whenever I needed to tweak grid.

I'm a pretty big add-on whore and finally have my UI pretty much how I want it... or so I thought. Mine actually resembles Kulldon's quite a bit but after seeing his, I want to steal some of his ideas. I'll make a few adjustments and share some UI stuff that works for me that hasn't been mentioned yet. Since I'm using a different computer for now (with a lower resolution setting) it won't look exactly how I play but it will be close.

Question:

Is there a way to move the character/camera focus from the center of the screen? I'd like to make more of the environment above me visible without zooming out more. In other words, I'd like to move my character/focus to the bottom of the screen. Does that make sense?

VI Officer - Forum Admin Khrash's Avatar

I know of no addon that can do that since I dont think that is even possible. That would require reprogramming the game itself I believe.
    ---
    Steam Name: Demonikhan
    Charter Member, Retired Officer, retired February 2011 and still loving you all.
    Khrash Army
    Khrashdin 85 Tauren Paladin, 525/525 Enchanter/Alchemist | Khrash 85 Tauren Hunter, 525/525 Miner/Engineer
    Khrashaman 85 Tauren Shaman, 525/525 Miner/Blacksmith | Khrashback 85 Goblin Rogue, 525/525 Skinner/Leatherworker
    Khrashfury 85 Tauren Warrior, 525/525 Tailor/Jewelcrafter | Khrashknight 85 Tauren Death Knight, 525/525 Herbalist/Inscriptionist

Quote Originally Posted by Baelock View Post
    I'm a pretty big add-on whore and finally have my UI pretty much how I want it... or so I thought. Mine actually resembles Kulldon's quite a bit but after seeing his, I want to steal some of his ideas. I'll make a few adjustments and share some UI stuff that works for me that hasn't been mentioned yet. Since I'm using a different computer for now (with a lower resolution setting) it won't look exactly how I play but it will be close.

Question:

Is there a way to move the character/camera focus from the center of the screen? I'd like to make more of the environment above me visible without zooming out more. In other words, I'd like to move my character/focus to the bottom of the screen. Does that make sense?
    It looks like it hasn't been updated in quite some time, so maybe it doesn't work, but I used CameraPlus for quite a while during Ulduar movie-making days, which I think can rotate the camera as you're asking.