Thread: kAuction r9224 & New Module: Aura

Default kAuction r9224 & New Module: Aura

I've become fairly sick of the retardation that is clicking off Kings scroll buff, so I went ahead and created a new module for kAuction that is truly, truly almost useless to most people but something I've wanted for a while and never checked if it was possible.

The Aura Module does essentially one thing: It allows you to specify certain buffs you wish to have automatically removed when cast upon you under certain conditions. Those conditions currently are:
    • When you are using a particular Talent Spec.
    • When you are in a particular raid zone.
    • When you have any number of additional, specific auras (buffs or debuffs) active at the same time as the one you've added for auto-removal.

That's it. This will most likely only be used by myself/Khrash when tanking, and Rofl and possibly Thaw to remove the 8% Kings for the extra STA/STR, but I suppose if someone can find another use, be my guest.

A quick guide to setup for the tanks/plate DPS who may want this feature.

First, as it's likely not used by most people, the module is disabled by default, so enable it (/ka ui > Modules > Aura > Enabled).

Now open up the Aura UI (/ka aura). I added the one buff by default that most will use (Forgotten Kings), but if you want to add more buffs to autoremove, type the spell id in the add box at top left and add them (as I've done in the shot below, I added Holy Shield).

WoWScrnShot_030310.jpg

The UI is setup fairly similar to the Wishlist/Weight Modules if you've used those, but essentially click the Aura on the left to change the few options.

By default, every new Aura is not enabled, so check the Enabled box at the top to activate it and start actively checking for auto-removal opportunities.

The "Active Talent Spec Criteria" is simple enough -- check whichever spec(s) you want to have auto-removal activated for with this aura. You need at least one spec checked or the aura will never be removed.

"Zones" are also simple enough and allow you to select which raid zones you must be within for auto-removal to activate for this aura. Again, along with at least one Talent, if a valid raid zone isn't selected, the aura will not be auto-removed.

Lastly is the "Other Buffs" criteria section. Here you can add additional auras (buffs or debuffs) to 'check against' before this buff will be auto-removed. If no Criteria Group is created, Aura Module will just check against the Talent Spec and Zone combination to determine if auto-removal is necessary.

To utilize a Criteria Group, click Add New Criteria Group. Now type the spell id if any auras you want to add to this Criteria Group. In the below example screenshot, I've added Blessing of Sanctuary and Greater Blessing of Sanctuary.

WoWScrnShot_030310.jpg

Now with at least one aura specified in a Criteria Group, the Aura Module will verify that at least one of the auras in the Criteria Group is active before auto-removing the specified buff (from left menu, that is being configured).

If you delete all Auras within a Criteria Group, but leave the Group active (i.e. Fail to delete the empty group), the buff will not be auto-removed until you delete the Criteria Group.

That's about it, pretty simple to use, so no more forgotten kings bullshit for tanks/plate guys. ><

Also, worth a brief mention that this release of kAuction also now has a Server-activated command to force all raid members to auto-cancel any specified buff. This should allow us to no longer have to manually remove partial Kings buffs after a wipe.

VI Officer - Forum Admin Khrash's Avatar

What am I doing wrong? Scroll of Forgotten Kings does not automatically remove itself when cast on me in my Second Spec (Protection)

---
    Steam Name: Demonikhan
    Charter Member, Retired Officer, retired February 2011 and still loving you all.
    Khrash Army
    Khrashdin 85 Tauren Paladin, 525/525 Enchanter/Alchemist | Khrash 85 Tauren Hunter, 525/525 Miner/Engineer
    Khrashaman 85 Tauren Shaman, 525/525 Miner/Blacksmith | Khrashback 85 Goblin Rogue, 525/525 Skinner/Leatherworker
    Khrashfury 85 Tauren Warrior, 525/525 Tailor/Jewelcrafter | Khrashknight 85 Tauren Death Knight, 525/525 Herbalist/Inscriptionist

Did you enable the Aura Module in the main kAuction options? Check that /ka ui > Modules > Aura > Enabled is checked.

VI Officer - Forum Admin Khrash's Avatar

That was it