Thread: Koralon

Default Koralon

Ignoring how he's probably the easiest to kill boss compare to the loot he drops and should be attempted asap every week. I'd like to ask for opinion on which seems like the best thing to do.

Possible strategy #1: 1 Group of 'tanks'
    -Have one full group of people with the highest HP and Kull be in a single group.
    -Everyone stand next to Kull when Meteor Fist happens to spread out damage.
    Pros:
    -Only 1 tank required
    -Fairly small AoE damage to everyone(8-9k late into the fight)
    Cons:
    -Most likely melees will be part of it, so they'll do less DPS from being parried
    -If someone fall, the others will be quick to follow.
    -Flame Cinder will catch more of us.

Possible strategy #2: Run away, little girl.
    -When he cast Meteor Fist, kite him as if doing General V's Surge kiting method.
    Pros(if it works):
    -Only 1-tank is required and only have to deal with his melee damage.
    Cons:
    -Tank have less aggro from running.
    Optional:
    -Someone use Baby Spice on tank when he's kiting, since there's no items to make someone else 'female', the 'little' part alone will have to do.

Possible strategy #3: Call me Mr.Firefighter.
    -The "OT" wears full fire resist gear
    -Optional: OT taunt when Meteor Fist occur.
    Pros:
    -OT will take a lot less damage, and possibly can solo-tank Meteor Fist(maybe even dance in the fire AND soak Meteor Fist and still laugh it off)
    Cons:
    -OT's damage will drop considerably due to wearing fire res gear.

possibly relevant info on this:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t44675-r...chanics_wotlk/

VI Officer - Forum Admin Khrash's Avatar

Divine Sacrifice
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    30% of all damage taken by party or raid members within 30 yards is redirected to the Paladin (up to a maximum of 150% of the Paladin's health). Lasts 10 sec.

Divine Protection
    3% of base mana
    Instant cast 3 min cooldown
    Reduces all damage taken by 50% for 12 sec. Once protected, the target cannot be protected by Divine Shield, Divine Protection or Hand of Protection again for 2 min. Cannot be used within 30 sec of using Avenging Wrath.

(Note my Divine Protection is on 2 minute cooldown)

Depending on how often he drops that Meteor... I could soak much of the damage.
    ---
    Steam Name: Demonikhan
    Charter Member, Retired Officer, retired February 2011 and still loving you all.
    Khrash Army
    Khrashdin 85 Tauren Paladin, 525/525 Enchanter/Alchemist | Khrash 85 Tauren Hunter, 525/525 Miner/Engineer
    Khrashaman 85 Tauren Shaman, 525/525 Miner/Blacksmith | Khrashback 85 Goblin Rogue, 525/525 Skinner/Leatherworker
    Khrashfury 85 Tauren Warrior, 525/525 Tailor/Jewelcrafter | Khrashknight 85 Tauren Death Knight, 525/525 Herbalist/Inscriptionist

To confirm what we saw tonight while doing Koralon, yes Meteor Fists only splits the damage with one extra target.

The tooltip (that I never read closely) makes this much more clear.

Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhide View Post
    To confirm what we saw tonight while doing Koralon, yes Meteor Fists only splits the damage with one extra target.

The tooltip (that I never read closely) makes this much more clear.

Yeah.
    We're so awesome at this game...