Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kAuction Update Feature Requests

Default kAuction Update Feature Requests

For a while, now that the majority of the bugs are worked out and kAuction functions from day to day, I haven't updated it much or added any features, but there are a few things that have come up in my personal use that I have written down to add.

However, I'd be very interested in any other feedback. As I'm preparing to do another update, I'd love to hear of any additional features or changes you think would be handy to see in kAuction -- anything at all really, don't be shy.

The short list of things I came up with to change/add is below for reference:

• Ctrl-Left click auction item link to display in Dressing Room (Client/Server)
    • Shift-Left click auction item link to place itemlink in chat (Client/Server)
    • Close-all tabs button (Client/Server)
    • Enable frame Height changes, increasing/decreasing # of auctions displayed at one time (Client/Server)
    • Auto-assign winner when auction expires, regardless of Officer Bid timer, if only (1) bidder (Server)
    • Auto-assign winner when auction and Officer Bid timer expires to bidder with majority votes (Server)
    • Auto-assign disenchant when auction expires with no bidders and item is BoP (Server)

Thanks much for any feedback!

Give the server an option to announce the winner without waiting for the timer to expire.
    (Because I usually get Kull's announcement on vent first instead of the kAuction most of the time)

An option to set up a 'wishlist' on client side, and immediately vote on the item when it drops.
    (Basicly, for people who might not remember if something is in their BiS set or not)
    -adding on to that, remove an item from the client's wishlist when he won it

Quote Originally Posted by Rofldat View Post
    Give the server an option to announce the winner without waiting for the timer to expire.
    (Because I usually get Kull's announcement on vent first instead of the kAuction most of the time)

An option to set up a 'wishlist' on client side, and immediately vote on the item when it drops.
    (Basicly, for people who might not remember if something is in their BiS set or not)
    -adding on to that, remove an item from the client's wishlist when he won it
    Both very good ideas, thanks Rofl!

I also think I'll add a very basic voting system so Officers can create custom votes. It's rare, but sometimes I like to get a question answered and always have to use /readycheck or similar. Instead, being able to have a real popup with actual answers would be nice.

I really like Rofl's ideas.

I was thinking about the bid process. There are times when an item is a side-grade more so than an upgrade. Or maybe an item is bid on for iLvl rating and will never be used for anything but Flame Leviathan type fights. Even resist gear may be a category.

A bid/award history check may also be nice. If a person bids on an item (for an offspec for example), wins said item, then bids on the same item again on the next raid then a flag will come up showing that the person was already awarded the item. This may,however get annoying with the quest items that can be turned in for armor pieces and Dr00ds that have 3 viable specs. Just a thought. For our 10 man raids it really isn't important, but it would be nice for 25 man raids and possibly for 10 man pugs to avoid people trying to run away with BoE items.

VI Member

add a preview window so I can see how I will look in the new lewtz before I bid.
    Aquemini: "...Now I know!"

G.I. Joe: "And knowing is half the battle!"

Default New kAuction Update Released

Please download from the usual location: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/kau...auction_r9130/

Note: I highly recommend you delete your kAuction.lua Saved Variables file before installing and running this latest release. If not, you may experience some bugs due to old data formats, but note this will reset any custom settings you configured. To delete the file, log out of the game, go to [WoW Folder]/WTF/[YOURACCOUNTNAME]/SavedVariables and delete the kAuction.lua and kAuction.lua.bak files, then login as normal.

This release is primarily so we have compatible version to raid with tonight and possibly tomorrow while I finish up the majority of the recent changes, but there are a number of additions, some listed below, that you can feel free to mess around with including the near-fully functional Wishlist system.

Once I finish up the rest of the planned changes I plan to make a short guide or video to explain how to use everything since the wishlist especially is likely to be overwhelming without some guidance.

ADDED: kAuction Wishlist Feature (/ka wishlist).
    ADDED: Ctrl-Click item links for Dressing Room view.
    ADDED: Shift-Click item links for Chat Frame item link.
    ADDED: Auto-assign winner when auction expires if only 1 Bid.
    ADDED: Auto-assign disenchant when auction expires if zero Bids.
    ADDED: New Bid Options: Best in Slot and Set Bonus

Default kAuction r9147 Released

Download from Curseforge: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/kau...auction_r9147/

FIXED: Wishlist > Search > Item Name right-click menu not displaying if no items existed on any list.

UPDATED: Wishlist > Search > Right-lick menu displaying when right-clicking anywhere on the item row, not just item name.

ADDED: Wishlist > List > Add Item Manually > New seperator character (colon).

ADDED: Wishlist > List/Search > Column width now relative to frame size; should allow simpler resizing of overall window to prevent column clipping.

UPDATED: High Priority Item Filter -- Determines how kAuction prioritizes wishlist items when auto-bidding, alerting, and auto-removing. Full priority set found below.
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'normal', bestInSlot = true, setBonus = true},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'normal', bestInSlot = true, setBonus = true},
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'normal', bestInSlot = true},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'normal', bestInSlot = true},
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'normal', setBonus = true},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'normal', setBonus = true},
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'normal'},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'normal'},
    {bidType = 'normal'},
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'offspec', bestInSlot = true, setBonus = true},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'offspec', bestInSlot = true, setBonus = true},
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'offspec', bestInSlot = true},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'offspec', bestInSlot = true},
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'offspec', setBonus = true},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'offspec', setBonus = true},
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'offspec'},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'offspec'},
    {bidType = 'offspec'},
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'rot', bestInSlot = true, setBonus = true},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'rot', bestInSlot = true, setBonus = true},
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'rot', bestInSlot = true},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'rot', bestInSlot = true},
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'rot', setBonus = true},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'rot', setBonus = true},
    {autoBid = true, bidType = 'rot'},
    {alert = true, bidType = 'rot'},
    {bidType = 'rot'},
    This is primarily for having the same item in multiple wishlists. For example, if the user has [Betrayer of Humanity] in the "Normal" wishlist with everything unchecked except "Best in Slot" and "Auto-bid", and the user also has [Betrayer of Humanity] in their "Offspec" wishlist with everything checked, kAuction will drill down this priority list from top to bottom until it finds a match (in this case, the first match would be line 3 ({autoBid = true, bidType = 'normal', bestInSlot = true},) which matches the Normal + Best in Slot + Auto Bid settings. If the user wins the item and is removed from the Normal wishlist, the next time it drops it will be detected via line 10 ({autoBid = true, bidType = 'offspec', bestInSlot = true, setBonus = true},), and so on. Questions on how this works let me know.

ADDED: Auto-Remove Auction (/ka ui > Interface > Main Frame > Auto-Remove Auctions -- If enabled, will automatically remove an auction from your kAuction list after the auction closes + the delay specified in the Auto-Remove Auctions Delay option.

UPDATED: Alert popups now auto-expire after auction is closed (and thus popup is no longer valid).

FIXED: Alert popups for bidding are now uniquely identified and therefore multiple popups can be shown at once.

FIXED: Properly display Item Quality color for items lower than epic quality.

ADDED: Wishlist > Serach > Refresh button to force a new item indexing without requiring close/re-open of Search window.

New Release r9161

This is not a mandatory installation.

Features

• Spell Search -- nearly identical to Item Search, as a temporary way to find spells by name in-game. Access via /ka wishlist and select Spell Search from the dropdown. Initial load queries around 100,000 spells, so takes a while.
    • Massive reworking of how the Wishlist item data is populated (Drop mob/zone/difficulty info). Instead of requiring manual updates by me, kAuction.web now automatically parses through the most recent 10,000 items in Wowhead's database via their Xml API every 24 hours, trying to determine the drop zone, mob, and dungeon difficulty of all filtered item types. Currently, all Epic Armor and Weapon data is stored in the database.
    • kAuction.web can export all the item data for use in-game via the kAuction Wishlist. The kAuction addon uses the kAuction_ItemData.lua file to store all imported Item information. There are three ways to update your kAuction_ItemData.lua file, explained in this post.
    • This automated parsing of Wowhead data greatly increases the accuracy and quantity of mob, zone, and zone difficulty data found in the kAuction wishlist. Currently, some 2200 items have either mob, zone, or difficulty data -- or some combination of all three and this number will increase as the Wowhead data becomes more accurate.
    Last edited by Kulldam; 09-17-2009 at 12:24 AM.

New kAuction r9213 - Mandatory Install

Download: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/kau...auction_r9213/

ADDED: Wishlist > Weight Scales

A new feature that allows users to assign weighted value to item stats, creating an aggregate "Score" to classify the worth of an item for a particular class/spec. kAuction contains default Weights already installed for every class/spec combination and those that apply to your class will auto-activate upon your first login.

To view a commentary walkthrough for using the new Weight System, click here (2 parts)

Weight Values are assigned by Statistic (Stamina, Agility, Critical Rating, Defense Rating, etc.) and each Statistic has a weighted value (any number, positive or negative). When viewing Search results/Auctioned Items, the aggregate Weight Score based on your currently enabled Weights will be displayed.

There are two methods for calculating the Weight Score. The first is a simple aggregate value of the item stats. Each Statistic with an assigned Weight Value is tallied on the item in question. Each point of said Statistic is multiplied by the Weight Value and added to the total Weight Score which then produces the final Weight Score of the item.

For example, if I have a Weight created that contains Weight Value of "2.5" for the Intellect Statistic and a Weight Value of "5" for the Stamina Statistic, the Aggregate Weight Value of Abetment Bracers would be:

Code:
    Intellect Rating * IntellectWeightValue = IntellectTotal
    Stamina Rating * StaminaWeightValue = StaminaTotal

or

41 * 2.5 = 102.5
    48 * 5 = 240

102.5 + 240 = 342.5 Total Weight Score
    That's a very simple example, as most Weights will have quite a few more Statistics assigned. Additionally, each Weighting can have Default Gems associated with it. Selecting gems for each socket color determines what gem will be "virtually socketed" when calculating an Aggregate Weight Score. If I select a gem that matches the socket color (such as Purple for the Blue gem slot), kAuction will also calculate socket bonuses as part of the Aggregate Weight Score. For example, using the above Weight of Intellect and Stamina for Abetment Bracers, if I also add the Haste Statistic to my Weight with a Value of 10 and have assigned a Blue-matching gem in my Blue Socket dropdown (such as Solid Majestic Zircon), I will then get the following formula:

Code:
    Intellect Rating * IntellectWeightValue = IntellectTotal
    (Stamina Rating + GemBonus) * StaminaWeightValue = StaminaTotal
    (Haste Rating + HasteRatingSocketBonus) * HasteWeightValue = HasteTotal

or

41 * 2.5 = 102.5
    (48 + 30) * 5 = 390
    (37 + 4) * 10 = 410

102.5 + 390 + 410 = 902.5 Total Weight Score
    The important thing to note about a Weight system, is that the actual numerical value assigned to any given statistic is not important, but it is the ratio of that value to the value of other statistics. In the above example, my Weight assigns each point of Stamina to be worth two points of Intellect (as the value 5 is twice the value of 2.5), and each point of Haste Rating worth four points of Intellect.

Obviously the above is a poor real-world example, but creating a proper Weight is simply about assigning equivalence to each relevant Statistic. Many, many spreadsheets/forums use AEP-type values which are also Weight-based systems. Generally they pick a primary statistic (such as Attack Power or Spell Power) and give that a value of 1, then equate one point of every other statistic to that in multiples or fractions.

All the default Weightings you will find upon first opening the Weight Scale window are exact copies of the Weight Scales found on Wowhead. I encourage you to play around with them to get an idea of how it works. Click here for an example using the Protection Warrior preset.

A few final notes about what Weight Scales cannot do. They will not account for Talent Changes, being over/under hit, crit, expertise or defense caps and the like, and they cannot dynamically change based on your overall equipment. For those types of details, I still suggest Rawr or your favorite spreadsheet.

Instead, Weight Scales in the Wishlist Search are best used to compare available/upcoming upgrades for a particular slot or from a specific zone/boss. Please watch the linked movie for a guide on using all the features including the new Search Filter.

UPDATED: Wishlist > Search > Sorting via clicking the column header titles is no longer limited to the result set (default of 50 items), and instead sorts the entire list of results (default of ~3000 items). This greatly increases the functionality of sorting larger lists when a query string returns more than the result set limit (default 50).
    UPDATED: Wishlist > Search > Entering a partial query is no longer required to view the result set. By default, once Item data is refreshed, the entire list will display. Queries can then be specified in the search box as normal.
    UPDATED: Wishlist > Search > Full Item Results must pass a few more checks before being returned as valid, searchable items. 1. The item must be equippable (e.g. Two-Handed Axes will not show up for Mages). 2. The item must not be class-specific for a class other than player (e.g. "Classes: Rogue, Druid" will not return for a Warrior searching). The only exception is Required Level, which can be higher than the player's current level and thus make the item unequippable, but the item will still return in the results (primarily for debugging but also for future expansions).
    REMOVED: Spell Search functionality. Was primarily a proof-of-concept function and adds a severe memory drain for a feature most people will not utilize in the current form.

VI Officer - Forum Admin Khrash's Avatar

/ka wishlist

Suggestion/Wish: Could you smush the item list together a little tighter? Right now its almost like its double spaced between each item in the list.

Thank you!