Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kAuction Update Feature Requests

Well, I can probably put in an option to shrink it down, but the only downside is the current item slot icon will be super tiny. If that doesn't matter though could shrink down that empty space you mentioned between the text. I'll look into it.

WoWScrnShot_081610_203724.jpg

Please modify kauction so that it kills Heroic LK on the pull. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilwenn View Post
    Please modify kauction so that it kills Heroic LK on the pull. Thank you.
    I'm not that skeeled

VI Officer - Forum Admin Khrash's Avatar

Just to be certain we are talking about the same thing:

I am speaking about "/ka wishlist". The items in my wishlist are like almost double spaced.
    ---
    Steam Name: Demonikhan
    Charter Member, Retired Officer, retired February 2011 and still loving you all.
    Khrash Army
    Khrashdin 85 Tauren Paladin, 525/525 Enchanter/Alchemist | Khrash 85 Tauren Hunter, 525/525 Miner/Engineer
    Khrashaman 85 Tauren Shaman, 525/525 Miner/Blacksmith | Khrashback 85 Goblin Rogue, 525/525 Skinner/Leatherworker
    Khrashfury 85 Tauren Warrior, 525/525 Tailor/Jewelcrafter | Khrashknight 85 Tauren Death Knight, 525/525 Herbalist/Inscriptionist

Alright, made a few tweaks for this (latest version is r9239).

First, in the Wishlist config settings (/ka ui > Wishlist) there is now a GUI Settings pane to allow changing the font, font size, and icon size for the wishlist/search frame. The defaults are: Arial Narrow, 10, 15.

I've also removed the checkboxes for various wishlist item flags (Alert, Auto-Bid, etc.) and replaced them with interactive Yes/No labels. They function identically to the checkboxes as before, but take up less vertical space. Left-click to toggle any particular flag.

With these changes, as seen in the attachments, simply adjust the font/icon settings as you see fit. The height of each item listing is auto-determined by the height of the tallest field in the listing, so generally the smaller the font/icon, the smaller the vertical spacing.

WoWScrnShot_081710_214808.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_081710_214820.jpg

WoWScrnShot_081710_214841.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_081710_214832.jpg

Also a minor change that I finally got around to fixing cause it bugged me: The item cache is now only automatically updated once per session when first opening the wishlist. It won't auto-refresh itself upon closing/re-opening the Wishlist frame that play session unless the user explicitly hits "Refresh" to force the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulldam View Post
    Also a minor change that I finally got around to fixing cause it bugged me: The item cache is now only automatically updated once per session when first opening the wishlist. It won't auto-refresh itself upon closing/re-opening the Wishlist frame that play session unless the user explicitly hits "Refresh" to force the update.
    THANK JESUS! That was irritating

Quote Originally Posted by Khrash View Post
    THANK JESUS! That was irritating
    Well you could've requested something slutnugget...

Quote Originally Posted by Kulldam View Post
    Well you could've requested something slutnugget...
    I didnt think about it

Latest release of kAuction [r9251] features a couple changes for the Wishlist, brought about because a Blizzard change in 4.0 caused a fairly long delay when querying the server for specific Item Info. Normally, to update the item cache for searching and wishlist management, kAuction would update the item cache at the rate of 5000 items per second, but with the 4.0 change, that rate is much too quick and the client hangs hugely.

Therefore, I've added a couple new options to alleviate issues when first opening the Wishlist Search as the item cache loads.

/ka ui > Wishlist > Search Memory Usage

This setting allows you to select the relative memory usage kAuction will utilize when updating the item cache for Wishlist Searching -- in essence, this determines the number of items updated per pass, so the higher the number, the faster the item cache update process will complete, but the more memory used and lag your client will experience. Adjust as needed (also note you can change this option midway through item cache updates, if you wish to test the speed/lag differences in settings).

/ka ui > Wishlist > Search Expansion

This option lets the user specify a particular range of items to update and include in the item cache, based on the expansion in which they were released. At present, this defaults to WotLK & Cataclysm items, but it is very likely in the future users will want to change this to Cataclysm only unless using the Wishlist for low level alts or something abnormal.

Lastly, remember that the item cache will only update once per play session, the first time the wishlist is opened. After that, the user must manually Refresh if they wish to reload the item cache results. I've also added the ability to see the percentage that the item cache update process has completed when viewing the "Search" window of the Wishlist.

Overall, due to the changes from the patch, updating the item cache will take longer for all users than it did prior to the patch. On my moderate system, using the default settings of Normal memory usage and Wotlk/Cataclysm expansion, the item cache update takes about 2 minutes and during the process, I average about 15 FPS. If you prefer a smoother client while updating or perhaps choppier but faster, update your settings accordingly.

WoWScrnShot_101510_054901.jpg

WoWScrnShot_101510_054904.jpg

Much thanks for the update